• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders The Great Big Cycling Transfers and Rumours Thread

Page 211 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
@Wyndbrook

A while back and in this thread we had a discussion if Ineos is happy with kids or if they want a bit more and will try to sign some big name. Especially due to some high profile departures. My last answer hence went more in the direction they do want more. That is they went for both Roglič and Evenepoel in the last couple of months. And i guess they won't stop until they sign a cyclist of such caliber.

They couldn't afford Adam Yates, so they signed Adamietz.
Same energy as the Quickstep developmental team signing Raccagni instead of Raccani, after the later was supposed to ride for them (but ended up at EOLO).

Brutttomesso and Buratti from Team Friuli will turn pro with Bahrain in 2024. I was a bit harsh on Buratti staying on the feeder team another year, but now that it's an official developmental team they can have him race smaller stage races with the wt team whenever they want, so I probably overreacted a bit. Still, him and Miholjevic were clearly the best riders on Team Friuli this year and they only have one of them turning pro while having spots left on the team.

At one point Bora was also interested in signing Butatti, would have been the 3rd former Friuli guy alongside Fabbro and Aleotti on that team. I guess by now teams have realized that they are one of the few Italian u23/CT teams that tries to develop riders long term.

Mattia was a big talent in the u23 ranks who never really lived up to the expectations, let's see if he can turn things around, but Androni has always been good at developing riders, so I have my doubts.
Speaking of Italian's who never lived up to the expectations, Eolo-Kometa diddn't re-sign Ravasi. He didn't have a great season, but finishes 12th in both Slovenia and Sicilia. If a PCT team needs a climbing domestique for smaller stage races he's probably a good pick (I'm looking at a team like Burgos, for example).

It's nice to see that the Ethiopian lightweight Hailemichael is getting a chance on Caja Rural's pro team after having a really good season on their developmental one. A decent amount of wins and lots of podiums in the Spanish u23 races.
Speaking of dominating the Spanish domestic races, is anyone giving Fagundez a chance?

Reactions: StryderHells
Speaking of dominating the Spanish domestic races, is anyone giving Fagundez a chance?

yep, Burgos BH, according to local press

Poor Éric, he deserves better. KP or Caja Rural would have been better but I guess they've got their own setups that will understandably be prioritised. KP at least have some roster spots open, but I guess if Chucky hasn't been awarded with a deal at one of the stronger Spanish teams after his season, Fagúndez was also going to struggle.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Poor Éric, he deserves better. KP or Caja Rural would have been better but I guess they've got their own setups that will understandably be prioritised. KP at least have some roster spots open, but I guess if Chucky hasn't been awarded with a deal at one of the stronger Spanish teams after his season, Fagúndez was also going to struggle.
Wait, nobody is signing Cadena? Sounds a bit odd to me.

Wait, nobody is signing Cadena? Sounds a bit odd to me.
Unless Canel's are paying UCI licence fees and intend to do the South American preseason races like San Juan (and if they bring back the Tour Colombia) and the Spanish mini-season it seems very strange, but the most recent that I can find is that after the Vuelta al Ecuador he's headed home to Mexico to prepare for his final time as an U23, but he seems more than ready enough to step up.

Keegan Swirbul has signed with Vigo-Rías Baixas in the Spanish amateur scene which just seems weird as well. Alex Hoehn is already over there, so that's two useful American climbers who I thought did reasonably enough to show they were ProConti level (Hoehn was literally the most noticeable Wildlife Generation rider for me in 2021) but have had limited chance to show that with the collapse of the North American stage racing scene and have ended up dropping all the way to the amateur ranks. Again I thought he could surely have got a deal at a higher UCI level than that somewhere, but maybe riding pro-am in Spain is better for him than riding the Conti scene in the US or taking his chances on the Asia Tour in terms of the races he'll get to do and the chance to keep his name out there.

I also kind of like Keegan because his sister is a US cross country skier who isn't Jessie Diggins.

TRENDING THREADS