• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders The Great Big Cycling Transfers and Rumours Thread

Page 213 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
So with the B&B fail basically confirmed where are their top (rumoured) riders going to end up at?

Cav to Israel (Richeze maybe too)
Sinkeldam to Alpecin (on training camp with them)
Laurence to Ineos (AG2R also very interested)
Mozzato to Arkea

are the most likely ones

Bonnamour is also rumoured at Total

But what about Schultz, teams should be in line for him.

Sinkeldam joins Alpecin for a stage. I guess this means he is joining them if B&B folds.

Latest news was that Pineau was trying to at least save the team in their current status (which means no Cavendish anyways)

Edit with my views on B&B.

- The Laurence news might not be 100% accurate. Another source claimed he was not heading to the british squad, so who knows.

- With a roster of 27 riders, Bahrain might be a chance for some riders (Williams and/or Schulz).

- Schonberger will easily find a local team.

Reactions: Sandisfan
What do we think is the most likely result, B&B collapsing or that they save the pro team status but with a smaller squad?

It's pretty much confirmed they're collapsing. All riders have been told to look for another team. Still a possibility the team will somewhat survive (with a low budget) but it will be at conti level (so no Tour).

Really problematic for the riders and staff ofcourse. Apart from a few and some of the rumours signings they're going to have throuble finding a new team this late with most WT teams being full and most PCT teams just not having the budget to add another rider.

Ok, that should be Samuele Zampelli and Stefano Museeuw.
Curse those Flemish dudes giving their sons Italian names for no good reason

Stefano Museeuw to Roubaix Lille Metropole is a little bit a surprise. RLM is one of the best Conti teams, and Stefano one of the slower bike racers. But maybe he can still develop and improve, and become a leader for RLM some day.

• Wow
Really problematic for the riders and staff ofcourse. Apart from a few and some of the rumours signings they're going to have throuble finding a new team this late with most WT teams being full and most PCT teams just not having the budget to add another rider.

Honestly, I feel like UCI are kinda screwing over the riders by allowing these things to drag on for so long, basically the same that happened with Qhubeka last year. Leaving a whole bunch of riders scrambling for teams.

Everything is not UCI's fault.

I know. But by extending deadlines they're putting riders in a situation where they only know too late they have to look for a new team, and - from what I understand - only really been allowed to since Pineau told them to go look for new teams.
Maybe something as simple as if a team doesn't have a sponsor secured for the following year by, say, September 1st, then riders are always allowed to start looking elsewhere. Of course, if riders then chooses to stay, then it's a different matter.

I don't know how far Cav got with B&B, but someone with a TdF entry or wildcard needs to sign him right away. At the very least he'll be wearing the British national champ jersey. That was an absolutely sensational win and if he's anywhere near that form in 2023 can win smaller classics as well as a few bunch sprints. Surely some team can make room on their roster.

TRENDING THREADS