• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders The Great Big Cycling Transfers and Rumours Thread

Page 214 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I know. But by extending deadlines they're putting riders in a situation where they only know too late they have to look for a new team, and - from what I understand - only really been allowed to since Pineau told them to go look for new teams.
Maybe something as simple as if a team doesn't have a sponsor secured for the following year by, say, September 1st, then riders are always allowed to start looking elsewhere. Of course, if riders then chooses to stay, then it's a different matter.

It shouldn't happen; an absolute shambles....How not to run a cycling team, by J. Pineau

I know. But by extending deadlines they're putting riders in a situation where they only know too late they have to look for a new team, and - from what I understand - only really been allowed to since Pineau told them to go look for new teams.
Maybe something as simple as if a team doesn't have a sponsor secured for the following year by, say, September 1st, then riders are always allowed to start looking elsewhere. Of course, if riders then chooses to stay, then it's a different matter.

I think that deadline would be too early in the year, with all the uncertainty there sometimes are in the world. Some folding/struggling teams, like Le Col - Wahoo for instance, might not have had anyl would still have been in a worse financial situation two months later.

It shouldn't happen; an absolute shambles....How not to run a cycling team, by J. Pineau

I think the worst part is the way he has presented a story of "We totally have a team for next year, and Cavendish is gonna ride for us, and it's gonna be awesome!" Only for now to change the story to "Heeh... turns out, we... don't."
Compare and contrast team Coop; quite early on, they were completely honest towards their riders, telling them that "We have a problem".

Au contraire. We (I, at least) come here to escape the media saturation with soccer.

I meant, care enough that they would post a - supposedly - "Good news" story to make people forget about particularily bad football results.

Reactions: Axel Hangleck
His dishonesty about the situation has likely cost half the B&B roster their careers at this level.

The French scene has bigger depth than others at least, even on club level it's pretty competitive - so I would think for most there will be a way to continue. But obviously it will come with financial losses.

For some of the foreigners it's a bit of a different story, of course. Mozzato & Schultz will end up somewhere, I guess, and Schönberger may be able to follow KTM wherever they go. But especially for the Dutch & Belgian part of the team, it could be difficult indeed. No idea who would pick up Bol or Dekker now after the year they had, let alone Debusschere, Lietaer or Warlop.

The French scene has bigger depth than others at least, even on club level it's pretty competitive - so I would think for most there will be a way to continue. But obviously it will come with financial losses.

For some of the foreigners it's a bit of a different story, of course. Mozzato & Schultz will end up somewhere, I guess, and Schönberger may be able to follow KTM wherever they go. But especially for the Dutch & Belgian part of the team, it could be difficult indeed. No idea who would pick up Bol or Dekker now after the year they had, let alone Debusschere, Lietaer or Warlop.
Dropping down to club level hardly qualifies as continuing your career at this level, though.

Reactions: laarsland

Dekker will ride for Arkea the next two years?

I don't know how far Cav got with B&B, but someone with a TdF entry or wildcard needs to sign him right away. At the very least he'll be wearing the British national champ jersey. That was an absolutely sensational win and if he's anywhere near that form in 2023 can win smaller classics as well as a few bunch sprints. Surely some team can make room on their roster.

Cav needs to win the British champs again in 2023 if he wants to ride the TDF with his nat champ jersey

Koreztky to Bora confirmed; a good move for him.......

Reactions: Sandisfan
I think it's the first french rider the team as had, at least if we don't count Bastien Delrot in 2010, the structure first year as the continental team NetApp.

It's a bit of a surprising fit for me but I believe Specialized looked at it as an opportunity not to be missed for the future and with their MTB Factory Team already full so late in the year, they put him in one of their road teams.

Reactions: Axel Hangleck

Koreztky to Bora confirmed; a good move for him.......
I wonder if we'll see him doing anything with their other mtb rider Ben Zwiehoff. I think he rode Cape Epic last year with someone on the team.

Timothy Dupont to Tarteletto..

TRENDING THREADS