• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders The Great Big Cycling Transfers and Rumours Thread

Page 215 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
What do you guys think about the BB Hotels team collapse? It‘s one of the most important topics in the moment.

I think it‘s a sad story. How is it possible that you ride the Tour in July, and completely collapse four or five months after? From Top-25 (teams) in the world, to Zero. I cannot understand how this could even happen…

from the moment I heard the news in July I had the "too good to be true" feeling.

super backing, Paris, Cav, big sponsors. for a team like B&B? I don't know. it's 50-50. Pineau selling it before it was sure, and the backer pulling out

Reactions: Axel Hangleck
I actually thought it would be the other way round; that riders with personal bike sponsors would be the really good riders, whereas would just have to ride whatever bikes their teams ride on.
ah, you managed to reply before I deleted that part (as Houle was on a different bike at Ag2r - I misremembered that) ;)

I think both cases exist. Also Bingoal got some Italians together with de Rosa bikes on from last year, for example, although Tizza or A. Viviani aren't exactly standout riders.

TRENDING THREADS