• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Jonas Vingegaard: The Wizard of Visma

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Which thread title(s) do you prefer? (you may submit your own)

• The Chicken who eats Riis for breakfast

Votes: 32 33.3%
  • When they go low, Vingo high

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • Wings of Love

Votes: 8 8.3%
  • The Fishman Cometh

Votes: 14 14.6%
  • The Mysterious Vingegaard Society

Votes: 12 12.5%
  • Vingo Star

Votes: 15 15.6%
  • The Jonas Vingegaard Discussion Thread

Votes: 29 30.2%
  • Vingegaard vs Roglič

Votes: 6 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm not a re(a)dhead, but I definitely need to use it heavily to avoid sunburn.

But I think Vingegaard spends enough time in sunny weather during the season, that he and JV must know how to protect him properly. But wearing black in the Tour might not be the smartest.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan

I love pears. They are good people.

pears-28f8900.jpg

Kuss might be stronger on the steep MTF. But on a stage like today, 100% from the start, up and down the whole day, I'm taking Vingegaard over Kuss and it's not close.

Definitely needs to be in the TDF roster. Some rest now and then build towards July.
Yes, Jonas is a more versatile rider and is going to be a better asset for up-and-down and flat stage sections. He also had a great TT in stage 1. (I would still want Kuss for high mountain stages, though Vingegaard could be strong there, as well.)

Does anyone know why Vingegaard has turned down going to the Olympics?

On the face of it, it seems like a weird decision, on a route which he could actually be a medals candidate on.

Especially because he cannot be sure, that there will ever be an Olympics route to suit him again, in his career.

2024 is Paris, so probably a "sprinters on Champs-Elysees" type thing.

2028 is Los Angeles, so probably a route to fit the puncheurs.

2032 - which would be his last shot - nobody knows where is.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Does anyone know why Vingegaard has turned down going to the Olympics?

On the face of it, it seems like a weird decision, on a route which he could actually be a medals candidate on.

Especially because he cannot be sure, that there will ever be an Olympics route to suit him again, in his career.

2024 is Paris, so probably a "sprinters on Champs-Elysees" type thing.

2028 is Los Angeles, so probably a route to fit the puncheurs.

2032 - which would be his last shot - nobody knows where is.

Vingegaard dropper OL for at fokusere på To... | Feltet.dk

And why would 2032 be his last shot? You don't think anyone could do well at the Olympics at the age of 40?

TRENDING THREADS