• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lesser Known Road Racing for Women Thread

Page 63 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
They are clearly trying to win my heart with a long ITT and a mountaintop finish at a biathlon stadium. I'm assuming this will be a stage 1a/1b kind of deal seeing as the first stage is so crazy short. And otherwise they'd be spending more time in Liechtenstein than they spend actually in Switzerland which, when you look at the size of Liechtenstein, takes some doing.

They are clearly trying to win my heart with a long ITT and a mountaintop finish at a biathlon stadium. I'm assuming this will be a stage 1a/1b kind of deal seeing as the first stage is so crazy short. And otherwise they'd be spending more time in Liechtenstein than they spend actually in Switzerland which, when you look at the size of Liechtenstein, takes some doing.

The race will take place over four days, so I guess they have a del with Liechtenstein to have both the men and the women race there on the Saturday and Sunday, and since the men will be using the main road on Saturday, the women will have to stay in Vaduz and do a crit race with 10 laps of 4.6 km.

I rode from Bregenz through Switzerland to Liechtenstein a few years ago, which is pretty much the same distance and that route would have been more interesting and probably safer, too.

I'm posting here since the men's G-W hasn't finished yet.

Kopecky attacked after being set up by Majerus, and she was joined by Niewiadoma, Henderson and Lippert. Martha Lach and Arzuffi have now bridged to them.
They have a gap of 10 seconds with 54 km left and are close to the first Kemmelberg ascent.

Any news regarding Amy Pieters' condition? Seems there was no update since more than month ago...

The latest I've heard is that the national team coach Fulco van Gulik was directly involved in the crash and has stepped way from his duties temporaraily, but it wasn't clear whether it was because of injuries or distress.

This article about Stig Broeckx implies that she has recently been moved from hospital to a different care unit, but I'm not sure if that is the same move that was reported earlier.

Any news regarding Amy Pieters' condition? Seems there was no update since more than month ago...

José Been posted a link to this article published today https://www.ad.nl/wielrennen/sd-wor...ook-bij-de-vrouwen-om-topsport-gaat~a955e37e/

but I dont have access to that site, or can read Dutch for that matter to be able to say more about it than the one translated quote from the article José provided from Danny Stam
“It’s still so uncertain. If she can lead a life worthy of a human being, I hope she wakes up. There is still no clear image what we can expect. The drs say: as long as she doesn’t do things on command, she is not awake and we can’t wake her.”

which is really Id guess where they were to be expected, as there are no updates, because there has been no change, and all Id repeat really is what I said back earlier in the year on that aspect.

FQotpOQX0AUekiK

wWuUgG3.png

TRENDING THREADS