• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lesser Known Road Racing for Women Thread

Page 78 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I don't know why (well I do) but I can't help but think looking at stage 1's results "ooh-ee-ooh, I look just like Buddy Holly / oh oh, and you're Mari Hole Mohr / I don't care what they say about us anyway / I don't care 'bout that"

If she had won today, I might have dubbed this "The Mari Hole Mohr Show", so I understand your thinking.

They made it through that corner yesterday with no issues, but the wet roads made it more difficult today.

Doebel-Hickok won the stage after a late attack.

Peloton crossed the finish line for the first time (small around 2-K lap) mere seconds after the trio. So, yeah... could've been a mess.

Yet another strange result in a puzzling week in the peleton - How do you allow Doebel-Hickok into the break after EF won the TTT by 56 seconds and when you consider she 's one of the best two or three climbers it's madness - And they gave her a mere four minutes.

Yet another strange result in a puzzling week in the peleton - How do you allow Doebel-Hickok into the break after EF won the TTT by 56 seconds and when you consider she 's one of the best two or three climbers it's madness - And they gave her a mere four minutes.

Who could actually have brought them back?

EF and HPH were didsrupting the chase, and both the US national team and Arkéa had a rider up there initially. Massi - Tactic with Špela Kern and Bizkaia Durango with Aileen Schweikart are probably the biggest losers, but they could still feature in the top 5 after tomorrow's stage.

Reactions: postmanhat
Well I'm assuming so. Junior World Champion in road and cyclo-cross. There haven't been too many of them.

I think EF can be a good fit for someone who's still learning the ropes. They've had success with similar deals before (Faulkner and Ewers etc.), but Bäckstedt is of course not someone who's not yet sure if cycling is her thing. Still there isn't a lot of pressure on her, and it shouldn't be a problem for her to get a contract elsewhere from next season on.

With their new CX team being formed, she might also be staying with them for longer than the next few months.

I think EF can be a good fit for someone who's still learning the ropes. They've had success with similar deals before (Faulkner and Ewers etc.), but Bäckstedt is of course not someone who's not yet sure if cycling is her thing. Still there isn't a lot of pressure on her, and it shouldn't be a problem for her to get a contract elsewhere from next season on.

With their new CX team being formed, she might also be staying with them for longer than the next few months.

Reactions: Samu Cuenca
Who could actually have brought them back?

EF and HPH were didsrupting the chase, and both the US national team and Arkéa had a rider up there initially. Massi - Tactic with Špela Kern and Bizkaia Durango with Aileen Schweikart are probably the biggest losers, but they could still feature in the top 5 after tomorrow's stage.

You don't allow a rider from the yellow jersey team into the break, especially one of the best climbers after that team took 56 seconds in the TTT- It's stupid racing.

Well I don't think postmanhat was criticising it, but rather just wanted to know more about the decision. And since he also thought it was a long term deal, I can definitely understand that.

I didn't mean questioning it in a criticising it sense of the word. I just... generally don't feel the need to know why a rider has made a specific transfer decision (or, as in this case, a maybe transfer decision).

Trek were in difficulties after losing Lauretta Hanson due to a mechanical, but Van Dijk led them through to retain the title in Vårgårda.

Doebel-Hickok was once again the strongest in France after impressive domestique work by Emma Langley. Bauernfeind almost managed to stay on until the line.

TRENDING THREADS