• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lesser Known Road Racing for Women Thread

Page 81 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
So, Classic Lorient Agglomération or GP Plouay or whatever the heck the race is being called (I think it's the female pendant to the men's Bretagne Classic tomorrow) is today. I'm guessing that when the schedule on ES Player says they'll show the junior race from 10:45 to 15:00, what's actually meant is they'll start with the junior race, and then continue straight onto the WWT race. Junior women's races don't usually last almost five hours, do they? And it would be a bit weird to have the junior race broadcast, but not the WWT race.

So, Classic Lorient Agglomération or GP Plouay or whatever the heck the race is being called (I think it's the female pendant to the men's Bretagne Classic tomorrow) is today. I'm guessing that when the schedule on ES Player says they'll show the junior race from 10:45 to 15:00, what's actually meant is they'll start with the junior race, and then continue straight onto the WWT race. Junior women's races don't usually last almost five hours, do they? And it would be a bit weird to have the junior race broadcast, but not the WWT race.

On my GCN schedule, it doesn't say anythting about the junior race, neither the men's or the women's, so I think they're only broadcasting the WWT race, but I could be wrong.

And you forgot to call it the Trophée CERATIZIT ;)

This was a strangely ridden race - A few teams will be unhappy that they allowed that group of riders into the last break and had the wrong riders from the team in the break - And a group of nine allowed two riders to clip off in the last kilometre.
Yeah, it does not happen often in a wwt race that a number of teams are satisfied with their second or third option being in the winning break. Maybe there is an element of thank you to team mates from the likes of ELB, CUL, Balsamo, Faulkner, Persico etc. after. their results this season. Not sure Garcia would have won had she battled against the names I mentioned.

Last edited:
The bigger surprise was a group of 19 breaking away from the peleton in the last 25kms. And with Wiebes and other GC contenders in the front group, you can expect DSM and other teams to shut down the race in the next three stages and bank on the stage 5 ITT - Unless there are crosswinds then only stage four and six ( excluding ITT ) could affect the GC.

Last edited:
Today's stage led to another Wiebes win, but also to a great and unexpected result for Afghan cycling.

FbfrqDgXgAETUwG

It's disappointing that SD Worx have convinced Blaanka Vas to skip the under 23's World's in Wollongong - The present set up with the under 23 race is far from suitable, but at the same time, teams and national federations have hardly supported the concept after calling on the UCI to organise the race.

Riejanne Markus breaks the DSM dominance, but since she missed the split on stage 1 it will probably be too hard for her to win the race. Wiebes lost 50 seconds to Van Dijk on the ITT in the Baloise Ladies Tour, so I doubt Markus can take more than a minute on her tomorrow.

Anyone know what's going on with the broadcast of the Simac Ladies Tour? For example, GCN didn't archive Stage 1 or Stage 4. Jose Been mentioned something about no images available for Stage 1... for both stages, I see brief reports on L1. Stages 2 and 3 had a lot of garbled audio from the host broadcaster, too.

TRENDING THREADS