• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lesser Known Road Racing for Women Thread

Page 46 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Uno-X will be quite an exciting team to follow next season, even if they don't join the WWT at first. After having already announced that Anniina Ahtosalo, Mie Bjørndal Ottestad and Anne Dorthe Ysland are going to ride for them, Hannah Ludwig will now join the squad as well. Although Ottestad is the oldest among them, Ludwig is definitely the most experienced and she is still only 21. It'll be interesting to see who else Lars Bak picks up.

Meanwhile we still have no idea about who's going to ride for Cofidis, but they have said that they aren't really looking for any big names.

Reactions: RedheadDane
Uno-X will be quite an exciting team to follow next season, even if they don't join the WWT at first. After having already announced that Anniina Ahtosalo, Mie Bjørndal Ottestad and Anne Dorthe Ysland are going to ride for them, Hannah Ludwig will now join the squad as well. Although Ottestad is the oldest among them, Ludwig is definitely the most experienced and she is still only 21. It'll be interesting to see who else Lars Bak picks up.

Meanwhile we still have no idea about who's going to ride for Cofidis, but they have said that they aren't really looking for any big names.
From what I've heard/read, Cofidis is poaching Arkea for some french talents.

Reactions: Samu Cuenca
Anna Henderson took her first pro win today on the first stage of Tour de Belle Isle en Terre - Kreiz Breizh Elites Dames after a Jumbo-Visma vs. DSM showdown.

E7eguc9XsAAGpdG

A disaster for Team Bike Exchange - They've lost their two best riders in the last two seasons - Brown was very unhappy that she was denied selection for LBL and she only rode Amstel Gold as a last minute replacement - There is also behind the scenes problems in the men and women's team, which has resulted in an external review happening.

Last edited:
I expected Julie Leth to be the first Danish signing for Uno-X, but it is instead former springboard diver Rebecca Koerner. It's only been a year since she rode her first real race. She and her older ABC teammate Marita Jensen have pretty much won every Danish race they've entered this year (sometimes taking both first and second place), and they were the only ones who could follow Leth, Uttrup Ludwig, Dideriksen and Norsgaard during the NC RR, where Koerner was leading the race solo for 20 km and came pretty close to winning it.

So if they were going to sign a young Danish talent, Koerner is definitely not a wrong choice. This also means that she'll be wearing the same colours as her boyfriend Marcus Sander Hansen next year.

Reactions: Dk one
So if they were going to sign a young Danish talent, Koerner is definitely not a wrong choice. This also means that she'll be wearing the same colours as her boyfriend Marcus Sander Hansen next year.

And then if your theory that they'll sign Norman and Leth is true, then they'll have two Danish couples in their ranks!
Just a shame Bjerg and E. Norsgaard have contracts.

True.
And then just hoping the various couples have kids, and taking the long-term plans a little bit to the extreme!

Though, Pogacar would definitely break the "Only Scandinavians" rule for the men's team...

Zigart to the women's team shouldn't be a problem, but it will probably be impossible to find any Scandinavian link to Pogacar.
Even if Bjerg is considering him for best man at his wedding, it will probably not be good enough for Kulset and Co. anyway.

After announcing a Dane yesterday, Uno-X went back to their Norwegian roots. Susanne Andersen is joining them from DSM.
She's been a part of Wiebes's almost unbeatable sprint train, but now she should be getting many opportunities to prove that she isn't a bad sprinter in her own right.

The first stage of the Tour of Norway will give Leah Thomas an opportunity to have a chat with her future Trek teammates, cause she will be joining them for the next two years. Not a bad replacement for Winder, and a bit of a loss for Movistar, where she's been been a strong helper for both Van Vleuten and Norsgaard this season.

Last edited:
European madison champion Vittoria Guazzini will leave Valcar and join FdJ next year, while Gladys Verhulst, who I thought Cofidis might try to sign, is moving from Arkéa to Drops.
Grace Brown is sadly out for the rest of the season with a shoulder injury that requires surgery.

Some other news I didn't expect, is that Cogeas - Mettler, the Russian/Swiss team that Zabalinskaya and Neben currenty represent, will apply for a WWT license and if that works out also set up a women's UCI/CT team. Both teams are supposed to have 10 riders.

With 15 WWT licenses on offer for 2022, six more than have been granted for this year, a new team like Uno-X might miss out, as they according to rules will be at the back of the line. I'm not completely sure how many teams have made their desire to join the WWT publicly known at this point, but both TIBCO and Rally have done recently and before them Jumbo-Visma. I also expected that teams like Ceratizit, Lotto, Valcar and possibly Cofidis could be interested as well. Of course some of these teams will get wild cards to the biggest races anyway, so it might not make sense for them to step up.

Sarah Gigante has signed for a WWT - And it's not Tibco or Bike Exchange !

I know that Brown injured her shoulder in the Giro crash, but I am unaware that it is serious enough to require an immediate operation - Could be more at play in this situation.

TRENDING THREADS