• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lesser Known Road Racing for Women Thread

Page 66 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
It seemed like Ally Wollaston was doing way too much work to keep it together for a sprint, but in the end she broke the FdJ duo of Brown and Guazzini in GP de Plumelec-Morbihan.

aCdYjFM.png

Reactions: jmdirt
The Thüringen Ladies Tour begins tomorrow, though most of the first stage takes place in Bayern. Last year they had an alright highlights show, but I'm glad I (hopefully) won't have to rely on Twitter to get the results in real time this year.

Should be an interesting race with no clear favourite. BEX is the only WWT team taking part, but their are other WWT riders on the Dutch, Belgian and German national teams in the race. Thalia de Jong has been strong in her previous races and has solid support in CX star Fem van Empel, Maud Oudeman, Loes Adegeest and Daniek Hengeveld.

If Brennauer isn't at her best, Confalonieri could very well add some more top 10s or podiums to her palmares, and Ricarda Bauernfeind returns to Germany with Antonia Niedermaier, who'll be making her debut for the Canyon Generation squad.

The Thüringen Ladies Tour begins tomorrow, though most of the first stage takes place in Bayern. Last year they had an alright highlights show, but I'm glad I (hopefully) won't have to rely on Twitter to get the results in real time this year.
That used to be every race, and Thüringen having their own Twitter that gave out results was better than a lot of races had! A lot of progress has been made.

The Schleizer Dreieck stage looks pretty good this year.

Shocking camerawork for the last km, which also happened in Norway - It makes it hard to get a good appreciation of the finish - Anyway it was an excellent sprint by Manly and a well-deserved victory for BEX - They can win another stage or two or even the GC - Jose Been does not understand the fastest finisher in the BEX Squad - Manly and Baker are faster than Roseman Gannon.

Reactions: Samu Cuenca
Shocking camerawork for the last km, which also happened in Norway - It makes it hard to get a good appreciation of the finish - Anyway it was an excellent sprint by Manly and a well-deserved victory for BEX - They can win another stage or two or even the GC - Jose Been does not understand the fastest finisher in the BEX Squad - Manly and Baker are faster than Roseman Gannon.

I think it also sometimes depends on their legs on the day cause none of them are slow, but Roseman-Gannon is obviously the least experienced of the three. We didn't really get to see her lead out today, but I guess she must have been vital in closing down the gap to Bredewold.

But Been also claimed on the first stage in Burgos that Muzic was a favourite in the sprint, so I agree that her calls aren't always perfect.

BEX lost Jess Allen in a crash so that might make it harder for them to keep race under control.

Niedermaier didn't start the race for some reason, but she was present at the team presentation yesterday.

TRENDING THREADS