• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lesser Known Road Racing for Women Thread

Page 96 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
First 'official' edition of RVV for juniors tomorrow and could be a very interesting race. Molengraff would be a natural favourite(?), but this is only her second race day on the road. OTOH plenty of CX riders have already had successful seasons and you'd expect them to be more suited to the cobbles - Gery, Venturelli, Ferguson, Moors, Van Sinaey. No Holmgren twins it appears unfortunately.

Pretty unlikely I know, but does anyone know if this will be televised?

First 'official' edition of RVV for juniors tomorrow and could be a very interesting race. Molengraff would be a natural favourite(?), but this is only her second race day on the road. OTOH plenty of CX riders have already had successful seasons and you'd expect them to be more suited to the cobbles - Gery, Venturelli, Ferguson, Moors, Van Sinaey. No Holmgren twins it appears unfortunately.

Pretty unlikely I know, but does anyone know if this will be televised?

Apparently there is streaming on Proximus:

Reactions: postmanhat
isnt the max like 80km anyway ? 62 is probably the lower end of most races for them,maybe they dialled it back because of the climbs/cobbles involved), but the world champ race in Glasgow is only 70km for instance , so its not radically shortened by any means.
And of course they also need to be somewhat proportional to the elite distances. That said, the riders are of course capable of riding for more than two hours.

Reactions: awavey
I know its not the official start list quite yet, and learnt years ago not to trust official race websites for accurate info, but I was suprised that Lizzie D is only named as a reserve rider on the Ride London Classique teams page for Trek at the moment, given they went through that whole the last time she rode in London it was for 2012 promo boost the other week, it sounded like she was a definite.

but shes not on the ProCyclingStats list either. (not withstanding maybe theyve just taken the same info from the Ride London website, but they tend to get better info than that)

obviously a race made for a sprinter like Balsamo, given SD Worx are not bothering competing, so I doubt she'd have been in contention much, but just seems weird they and her were promoting she was racing it via social media, but now looks not to be the case.

Screenshot-2023-05-22-053457.png

Mid-season report card. Currently 101st out of 240. & 98/240 in the combined ranking. Finally doing well with my womens team.

TRENDING THREADS