• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lesser Known Road Racing for Women Thread

Page 97 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Thuringen Tour starts today - Could Wiebes win the GC ? I only see one potential banana skin stage - 5 WT teams at the start, compared to one in 2022 - This is a much better race than Ride London.
But it's sadly ruined by SD Worx being stronger than everyone else. At least Manly's dominance last year wasn't expected, and Biriukova's solo win was great. The 2021 edition also saw a fine fight between Brand, Kopecky, Norsgaard and Lippert.

I'm not overly hyped this time around. It'll be the first race of the season for Antonia Niedermaier after she had a skiing accident during the winter months, but she will probably be working for Bauernfeind, who might be the best of the rest here.

I just realized Antonia Niedermaier has only started her season now. Do you know why, does it have something to do with her education?
She hurt her knee in a skiing accident at the start of the year which required surgery. I think she was planning to compete in ski mountaineering this year as well, but that was obviously not possible because of the injury.

She was also meant to have ridden in Thüringen last year and even participated in the team presentation, but had to pull out before the start due to illness or something.

Reactions: BR2
Maxx-Solar is a UCI team now, and Fox isn't a bad rider. She won the German Bundesliga series last year and is the leader of the team. All four riders have reason to work together.

You dont work with Briedewald when she can drop you like a stone on a small incline - I maintain that you never work with SD Worx - It's not rocket science. For heaven's sake, teams were riding in the front of the peleton before the Briedewald attack - It's stupidity.

Reactions: Andy262
You dont work with Briedewald when she can drop you like a stone on a small incline - I maintain that you never work with SD Worx - It's not rocket science. For heaven's sake, teams were riding in the front of the peleton before the Briedewald attack - It's stupidity.
Surely riders from teams that have no chance of winning if they're brought back should still give it a go in such a situation. That's not stupid at all.

The course.

hmm cant really argue with that, I dont know what the solution is though given Ride London has shifted to Essex and ends up relying on councils to support the race & the sportive. I just wish theyd pick places easier to get to on public transport though

SD Worx win the TTT by 7 seconds from Jayco with Canyon Sram on 16 seconds. I thought it was insulting for Jayco to draw a middle time slot when they should have been the last team, seeing they won the race in 2022.

I think its based on the current team rankings so Jayco are a middling ranked team at the moment, even if they won the race last year and have the race numbers to show it.

Surely riders from teams that have no chance of winning if they're brought back should still give it a go in such a situation. That's not stupid at all.

You make Breidewald work and hope she drags you to the finish which was a possibility - Those 2 riders got nothing out of the stage - I guarantee you that in the men's peleton that if you had three riders and one was clearly the strongest they would sit on the wheel.

hmm cant really argue with that, I dont know what the solution is though given Ride London has shifted to Essex and ends up relying on councils to support the race & the sportive. I just wish theyd pick places easier to get to on public transport though

I think its based on the current team rankings so Jayco are a middling ranked team at the moment, even if they won the race last year and have the race numbers to show it.

Maybe you are right? - The men's team who have a good pedigree in TTT's have experienced so odd placements in TTT's in the last 12 months.

You make Breidewald work and hope she drags you to the finish which was a possibility - Those 2 riders got nothing out of the stage - I guarantee you that in the men's peleton that if you had three riders and one was clearly the strongest they would sit on the wheel.
It wasn't certain that the break would even survive, and Bredewold could easily have decided to stop working herself, because her team would win either way. Sure they should just have sat on when the stage win was within reach, but that wasn't the case 20 km from the line.

It wasn't certain that the break would even survive, and Bredewold could easily have decided to stop working herself, because her team would win either way. Sure they should just have sat on when the stage win was within reach, but that wasn't the case 20 km from the line.
You don't work with SD Worx in any part of a stage - For a start, Jayco was riding on the front of the peleton just before Brediewald attacked - There is no rhyme nor reason why any team would ride on the front of the peleton, unless you are chasing an SD Worx rider up the road or its in the last 5kms of a sprint stage or the lead in to a mountain - The teams have no idea.

Finally, when AVV was in her pomp there have been SD Worx riders chase her down and sit on her wheel - It can be done!

Reactions: Andy262
Im guessing its Ilaria Sanguineti who has made way at Trek for Lizzie D to ride RideLondon and keep the race sponsors happy at least.

theyve also confirmed the expected dogs breakfast level of tv coverage on the Beeb via the Red Button/website for the first two stages, starting at 1:15pm and 1pm respectively, so basically just the last 60mins of the stages, and I believe that will be the same regardless of content provider with them as the host broadcaster.

and then 3hrs of riding around the block in London on Sunday on BBC2, though theyve stupidly left themselves no room for the race presentations if the race is a touch slow, favouring 30mins of prestage build up instead.

TRENDING THREADS