• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lesser Known Road Racing for Women Thread

Page 99 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
See, I don't get that impression with Demi usually. Only when Kopecky is around.
Really? i think she is rider in that team with most attacks to bring back or overtake her own team mates, a true cannibal and not in a good sense. I get that she is number one and probably have carte blanche to do whatever she likes, but sometimes (most often) it looks just ugly and seem very stupid if they where up against equal competition. But that is just my opinion, could be totally wrong of course :)

Really? i think she is rider in that team with most attacks to bring back or overtake her own team mates, a true cannibal and not in a good sense. I get that she is number one and probably have carte blanche to do whatever she likes, but sometimes (most often) it looks just ugly and seem very stupid if they where up against equal competition. But that is just my opinion, could be totally wrong of course :)

What I see is this (and I could also be completely wrong of course)

When Vollering and Kopecky ride together there sometimes is a bit of friction as in some races they both are favourite (example Strade Biance)
When Vollering and Reusser ride together there is great friendship and they help each other. Reusser helps Vollering more obviousley.
When Vollering and Wiebes ride together there is mutual respect and help. Totally different riders
When Wiebes and Reusser ride together there is friendship and support.
When Wiebes and Kopecky ride together. In Thuringen I think I saw friction.

I would not be surprised if Kopecky rides for a different team next year.

What I see is this (and I could also be completely wrong of course)

When Vollering and Kopecky ride together there sometimes is a bit of friction as in some races they both are favourite (example Strade Biance)
When Vollering and Reusser ride together there is great friendship and they help each other. Reusser helps Vollering more obviousley.
When Vollering and Wiebes ride together there is mutual respect and help. Totally different riders
When Wiebes and Reusser ride together there is friendship and support.
When Wiebes and Kopecky ride together. In Thuringen I think I saw friction.

I would not be surprised if Kopecky rides for a different team next year.

I posted last month that there must be a chance that Kopecky is at a different team in 2024.

Reactions: Leggitte
quite impressive they've shut down central london for a womens bike race.
When the men's TOB used to finish race here, am sure they shut off Central London to vehicles so that the public could experience a car-free day. Also used to coincide with the Open House architecture festival so it was nice to day to explore the urban environment.

I think Birmingham was going to day the same thing for this year's Women's Tour till it got cancelled :expressionless:

quite impressive they've shut down central london for a womens bike race.

tbf on a Sunday it isnt, I think I read once there are something like at least 25 weeks of the year this part of central London is shut to traffic at the weekend for various events,with the majority of them in the summer months, so the place is always closing down, which is how or why we end up with a London crit, because its literally the easiest event for them to stage and the Mayor of London office/tfl have a budget specifically dedicated to funding stuff like this because the idea is it brings tourists to London because its an "event".

the problem is these stages are so dull

Lizzie peaking her form for the Olympics apparently...if you say so BBC. and as expected cut before the presentations.

but I was thinking earlier about the worlds selection, as I assume team gb have only got a team of 3 or 4 riders at most again. do you pick a team to ride for Lizzie, she won the commonwealth games road race in Glasgow after all, or do you pick a team that gives her a free role to disrupt the other teams,but is looking more to the future and getting a team together for the olympics, a tricky conundrum for the selectors to make.

so Ive read the rules :) TeamGB are 10th currently and likely will be no lower than 16th by 23rd June which is the cutoff anyway, so get to have 6 riders. It must be the Olympics they get more limited picks.

but even so, and Id add Alice Towers to that list, and whoever wins the nationals, has Lizzie even said shes a definite starter in that yet?

youve got 6 riders, whats their overall aim ? is my point. who are they going to be riding for because I think who you pick as the protected rider, changes who you pick for the 6.

An unknown distance remains of the second edition of the Alpes Gresivaudan Classic. A breakaway with Špela Kern, Camille Fahy and Jade Wiel went up the road earlier, but Fahy was later dropped. Kern and Wiel might have a lead of 1:05 with 39 km to go. St Michel-Mavic-Auber 93 have the numbers in the group behind, but they've not been able to close the gap by much. However they've now reached the valley before the final ascent. Eglantine Rayer has sadly been dropped, but Muzic is still looking good and doesn't have to do anything with Wiel ahead.

TRENDING THREADS