• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lesser Known Road Racing for Women Thread

Page 100 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Muzic was unable to drop Pintar, who's now put in a dig herself. But now Morgane Coston has been abel to close the gap just before the top. The pace has dropped, so it looks like other riders might be coming back as well. 20 km remains,

Meanwhile in Andalucia, Aalerud and Bjørndal Ottestad managed to coup Dronova, who looked like the winner after taking the first two stages.

Muzic seems to have won the race now in the rainy descent. Not where I expected her to be the best.
She is a 'crosser, to be fair. Also shout out Dilyxine Miermont in 4th, she seems a useful climber, she was top 15 on Jebel Hafeet in the UAE Tour, admittedly that was a few minutes back and she finished with the likes of Arianna Fidanza, but she hasn't done many climbing races in a couple of years and it looks like that might be her thing now so if she gets a team with better funding than Auber93 and can get some development she could be a useful rider going forward.

She is a 'crosser, to be fair. Also shout out Dilyxine Miermont in 4th, she seems a useful climber, she was top 15 on Jebel Hafeet in the UAE Tour, admittedly that was a few minutes back and she finished with the likes of Arianna Fidanza, but she hasn't done many climbing races in a couple of years and it looks like that might be her thing now so if she gets a team with better funding than Auber93 and can get some development she could be a useful rider going forward.
It wasn't that I didn't expect her to be as good or better than Pintar and Coston in the descent, but I was just surprised she wasn't able to drop them for good on the climb, although she might have taken some kind of break after Itzulia.

I agree that Miermont looks like an interesting prospect and one to watch in the non-WWT French stage races this year.

I'm surprised DSM didn't give the win to Curinier, who hasn't won a pro race yet.

It's a shame because it was actually good race for some of the lesser know riders to get some breakout results in, but of course they couldn't continue to bring in losses every year.

The Swedish stage in the Tour of Scandinavia has also been cancelled, but that shouldn't harm the racing too much.

But it was cancelled one week before the start - You don't find out one week before that you are making losses.

But it was cancelled one week before the start - You don't find out one week before that you are making losses.
It turns out that the cancellation was actually a result of safety issues and a lack of race marshalls for the last two stages due to the men's Belgium Tour taking place at the same time.

It turns out that the cancellation was actually a result of safety issues and a lack of race marshalls for the last two stages due to the men's Belgium Tour taking place at the same time.

Surely this would come to the attention of the organisers long before one week to go - I am certain that the men's and women's edition have run at the same time for the last few years.

Surely this would come to the attention of the organisers long before one week to go - I am certain that the men's and women's edition have run at the same time for the last few years.
The only thing I know about organising bike races is that it's a lot easier said than done, and I'm sure the late cancellation is a result of them trying to get the race to take place, and not because they've only now realised there was an issue.

Screenshot-2023-06-09-142145.png

The old lady on the left was cycling towards the peloton. Thankfully she had the sense to pull over and stop... what a *** amateur finish that was. For those who missed this race, it got a lot worse.

The old lady on the left was cycling towards the peloton. Thankfully she had the sense to pull over and stop... what a *** amateur finish that was. For those who missed this race, it got a lot worse.

It was happening at 90km to go too, (https://www.youtube.com/live/73yXFsjcx44?feature=share&t=3369 about the 56min mark if the link timing doesnt work properly)

just as Iurani Blanco broke away from her 2up breakaway and there are cars just driving past like its a normal day on the road, there was even a bit where they had a traffic jam and the peloton had to almost stop to get by the queue of cars, ridiculous situation to have let develop its a professional cycling race isnt it ?

though those final kms where Cecilie is suddenly finding a Citroen in the way and almost doing a double take passing it, like wtf is going on in this race.

I cant believe there hasnt been more said from the teams or the UCI about it yet as they surely cant just gallic shrug it away, someone could have been seriously injured.

looks like the riders at the CIC Tour Feminin have rolled to a stop, not sure if it was a planned protest in advance, or reaction to more issues on the road today, but theyre not riding at the moment

theres suggestion its the way the moto riders are riding around the riders today

TRENDING THREADS