• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The Mads Pedersen is Danish and Absolutely no other Nationality Thread

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

What Nationality is Mads Pedersen?

• Dansk

Votes: 12 40.0%
  • Danish

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Dänisch

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Danés

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Danois

• Danese

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Deens

• Danska

Votes: 5 16.7%

• Total voters
Mads was impressive today. What a sprint! Great rider, which I like very much… :)

He‘s a real plumper, and if you see him, you probably wouldn‘t think he‘s the successful rider he is. He seems to have water everywhere, in his face, torso, arms, legs, feet. But he has the speed, power, endurance, explosiveness needed for wins in the biggest races. I always underestimate him - actually just because he‘s as plump as he is…

Reactions: Sandisfan
But to be serious for a short second this evening: What a rider he has become! His consistency is magnificent and he climbs much better than he used to. I have a hard time forgiving him for not going to Australia but otherwise, he has been awesome this season.
I agree—and I really enjoy watching him ride and seeing the awesome power he produces. It makes it a bit surprising how short this thread is? Is it because we’ve been overrun with highly successful Danish riders the past few years, so he’s simply another Great Dane? If he was from the U.S. or Colombia, or even Italy I think this thread would be 5x as long,

But to be serious for a short second this evening: What a rider he has become! His consistency is magnificent and he climbs much better than he used to. I have a hard time forgiving him for not going to Australia but otherwise, he has been awesome this season.
Yes, he has really improved and gotten everything together this season. I think it's a big mistake not doings Worlds this year as well as it suits him very, very well. I understand going to Australia takes it toll on you, but then you drop other races instead and call it quits afterwards. Vuelta wasn't necessary at all this year. I also think that not doing MSR was a big mistake, but he'll fix that next year. Hopefully.

Yes, he has really improved and gotten everything together this season. I think it's a big mistake not doings Worlds this year as well as it suits him very, very well. I understand going to Australia takes it toll on you, but then you drop other races instead and call it quits afterwards. Vuelta wasn't necessary at all this year. I also think that not doing MSR was a big mistake, but he'll fix that next year. Hopefully.

Well, he did fix it already this year ;)

Would have been second favorite for me in Australia only behind van Aert.. it’s a missed opportunity for him I think.

Isn't one of his own arguments for not riding the World Championships that he doesn't think the route suits him? I think he'd have a better idea than anyone else what kind of route suits him. And even if the route does suit him, that's no guarantee of success; last year the route suited him quite well, and he still got away with a big, fat, DNF!

• Wow
Isn't one of his own arguments for not riding the World Championships that he doesn't think the route suits him? I think he'd have a better idea than anyone else what kind of route suits him. And even if the route does suit him, that's no guarantee of success; last year the route suited him quite well, and he still got away with a big, fat, DNF!

The route suits him very well.

And what kind of logic is the rest of that post, by that token no rider should ever ride any race...?

• Wow
The route suits him very well.

And what kind of logic is the rest of that post, by that token no rider should ever ride any race...?

Well, he doesn't think the route suits him. Again; wouldn't he be the best judge of that? Sure, there are riders who just lack confidence in their own ability to get over hills, but Mads doesn't really strike me as that kind of guy.

And the other part was regarding the argument that he should (have) skipped the Vuelta instead. However, the Vuelta gave him several chances for success - he's already had it - while the World Championship would have just been one, that could just as easily have failed.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS