• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The Mads Pedersen is Danish and Absolutely no other Nationality Thread

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

What Nationality is Mads Pedersen?

• Dansk

Votes: 12 40.0%
  • Danish

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Dänisch

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Danés

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Danois

• Danese

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Deens

• Danska

Votes: 5 16.7%

• Total voters
Re: Re:

Broccolidwarf said:
RedheadDane said:
He's relatively fast.

Actually, he isn't particularly anything, but he has an extraordinary tactical sense..... I think he is very similar to Valgren like that..... both next generation Avermaets :cool:

Hence the "relatively". ;)
Though I'll admit this is based purely on his results; I'm simply assuming he's relatively fast since he already won a sprint this year. Besides, you probably wouldn't participate in a sprint at a GT - even with this rather weak sprinting field - if you couldn't sprint, would be the act of an extreme optimist otherwise...
He can also time trial quite well, and he's not terrible on the cobbles.

In fact, I think it's easier for me to say what kind of rider he isn't. He isn't a climber.

I seriously love this kid! :D

Interview before the start, is completely bandaged up on his right arm and leg: Speculates that maybe the loss of skin will have meant that he has lost a bit of weight, says he hopes for an easy day.
Repeatedly tries to get in the breakaway... (not the first time he's done that...)

Counting pro-only (non u-23) races Sosa, Balkan and Jakobsen are younger and have 10 wins. Probably a few others.
Or do you mean specifically World Tour riders?

More than the physical ability, he seems to also have the attitude to go even further.

Re:

GuyIncognito said:
Just curious, why not .2 races? Never heard of those being discounted except in the "most top 10s" game in this forum

.2 are often races without pro teams in it (sometimes some pro teams ride there, but for example foreign pro teams are not allowed), while .1 is basically the other way around a pro race with some CT in it.

Re:

tobydawq said:
With today's victory, he earned his 10th professional win. And of all the riders in the professional peloton who have at least 10 wins, he is easily the youngest. Bernal will soon change that, of course.

Still no WT win, though.
I noticed that too, it's quite a high number of wins for a 22 year old.

Compared to a selection of star riders of recent times, before they turned 23 (did some quick calculations, so I can't say if it's 100% correct) :
Sagan 20
Gaviria 19
Cav 17
Viviani 13
Demare 14
Cunego 11
Cancellara 11
Boasson Hagen 11
Matthews 11
Pedersen 10 (+?)
Groenewegen 9
Nibali 7
Pinot 6
Degenkolb 6
Quintana 6
Gilbert 5
Van Avermaet 4
Pozzato 4
Valverde 3
Boonen 1
Terpstra 1
Kwiatkowski 1

Reactions: Danskebjerge
22.09 again today and like last year he won on this date.

Really strong performance today. If only he would be more consistent. On a good day he can ride with the very best and is a monster on the flat, while he completely disappears on other days. He is still young and i hope that he can improve a bit in this regard.

Reactions: Danskebjerge

TRENDING THREADS