• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The Mads Pedersen is Danish and Absolutely no other Nationality Thread

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

What Nationality is Mads Pedersen?

• Dansk

Votes: 13 41.9%
  • Danish

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Dänisch

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Danés

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Danois

• Danese

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • Deens

• Danska

Votes: 5 16.1%

• Total voters
According to news service Ritzau, Richie Porte said the following at the TT finish line today:

"Mads Pedersen has been incredible for me, he’s probably got more belief in me than I have. Every night he’d come to my room and tell me how it’d be and that I’d be fine if I follow his wheel. And it was. “

:cool:
And this win was a fine karmic repayment for putting in the teamwork during the Tour. That couldn't have been a lot of fun for Peterson but was a classy display.

Still seems very odd to see commentators downplaying his sprinting ability at the end of long races, even after the prowess he displayed throughout the TDF in this aspect?

Most post race talk seems to have focussed on the VDP/WVA rivalry and how they were perhaps the strongest riders in the race.... Which seemed to ignore the fact that once he'd managed to get to the flat run in off the climbs in the front group, Pedersen seemed to be at least the equal of everyone there.... and the apparent ease with which he closed the gap to the front group was quite incredible.

Thoroughly deserved win, looks made for Paris Roubaix? Such a shame he can't show his form there this year!

question is how long he can profit from other rivalries. Or the question is when the rest of the peloton finally wakes up and realizes you can't go to the line with Mads.

Well.... I'm sure they realized it and noone wanted to come to the line with him. And surely Trentin, Bettiol and Senechal didn't want to. But what do you want to do? He was clearly one of the strongest AND smartest.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Still seems very odd to see commentators downplaying his sprinting ability at the end of long races, even after the prowess he displayed throughout the TDF in this aspect?

I just watched the race with Italian commentary (because why not?) and the commentators insisted that he would be the favourite for the sprint even when the crossers were still there (at least one of the commentators did).

Then in the end they practically saw it as a given that he would win and voilà.

When Trentin patted him on the back he also seemed quite a bit less incredulous than in Harrogate xD

Reactions: Sandisfan

TRENDING THREADS