• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The New Tour de France Winners 1999-2005

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
That is a nice story about who should take the retroactive Yellow Jersey, but I disagree with a couple of them, there should be good Clinic analysis of them to DQ them as well :D

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
TubularBills said:
+1

Fantastic, thanks for the find!

yep, nice piece. nice subscript to this foto

totschnig.jpg

Georg Totschnig expressing shock and surprise at the news he maybe won the Tour in 2004

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Escartin?? Didn´t he been linked to something?
Totschnig? I think i have heard of him before in the clinic...

Anyway, the 12 apostels may come up with the real REAl winners. Those who have no shadow of doubt. No links to scandals, no positives, no hidden postives etc., not with teams were team wide doping was exposed; trou-out the career. B/C we all know who did it once did it twice, did it always.

Let me start:
The true winner of 1999 for example is Stéphane Heulot.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
My guess of the true TRUE winners (matching the criteria of my previous post):

1999 Stéphane Heulot
2000 Roberto Conti
2001 Andrei Kivilev (?)
2002 Carlos Sastre (?)
2003 Didier Rous
2004 Carlos Sastre (?)
2005 Bobby Julich

Jul 13, 2009
Visit site
FoxxyBrown1111 said:
My guess of the true TRUE winners (matching the criteria of my previous post):

1999 Stéphane Heulot
2000 Roberto Conti
2001 Andrei Kivilev (?)
2002 Carlos Sastre (?)
2003 Massimiliano Lelli
2004 Carlos Sastre (?)
2005 Bobby Julich

Isn't Lelli the rider that most people assume David Millar refers to as L'equipier in his book. The senior rider at Cofidis who supplied him with EPO. On that grounds I think you'd have to look below Lelli in 2003

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
i thought tostchting was done for drugs :S i must be wrong though...

anyway jan never tested positive when he finished 2nd therefore he is my worthy winner of those races!

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
You might be thinking of Schumacher, he also rode for Gerolsteiner, and he was whacked for doping about 5 years or so ago.

I have to wonder about Julich, though, he did come from the same United States which only produced dopers except for LeMond of course, who was doped only with buckshot which doesn't enhance performance (at least not to my knowledge). Julich was able to hang with Pantani and Ullrich. Plus, Julich worked for Mr. 60% at CSC and we can list all the characters who were there. Basso, Hamilton, the Schlecks, and Jalabert.....now I'm wondering about Carlos Sastre...

I don't think we will all know the truth until we all get out the pitchforks and torches. Who's with me?

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
babastooey said:
You might be thinking of Schumacher, he also rode for Gerolsteiner, and he was whacked for doping about 5 years or so ago.

I have to wonder about Julich, though, he did come from the same United States which only produced dopers except for LeMond of course, who was doped only with buckshot which doesn't enhance performance (at least not to my knowledge). Julich was able to hang with Pantani and Ullrich. Plus, Julich worked for Mr. 60% at CSC and we can list all the characters who were there. Basso, Hamilton, the Schlecks, and Jalabert.....now I'm wondering about Carlos Sastre...

I don't think we will all know the truth until we all get out the pitchforks and torches. Who's with me?
no it was definently tostching i was thinking off, an austrian fellow, maybe someone just named him in some other investigation

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Against Sastre speaks his old age when he first made a "real" podium (30+). Something that never happened pre-Epo 1990!
That´s why i put a (?) behind him.
About Julich? I don´t know. May we have to go more down in the rankings...

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Knock. Knock.
Stéphane Heulot: "Hello. Who is this?"
ASO: "It is the ASO."
Stéphane Heulot: "Did I fail a doping test?"
ASO: "No, we are here to inform you that you won the 1999 Tour de France."
Stéphane Heulot: "Mon Dieu!"
ASO: "Please provide a urine sample from you dog so we have something to back-test."

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Turner29 said:
Knock. Knock.
Stéphane Heulot: "Hello. Who is this?"
ASO: "It is the ASO."
Stéphane Heulot: "Did I fail a doping test?"
ASO: "No, we are here to inform you that you won the 1999 Tour de France."
Stéphane Heulot: "Mon Dieu!"
ASO: "Please provide a urine sample from you dog so we have something to back-test."

OMG! Literally, my coke is thrown over at my keyboard. ROFL. :)

Epicycle said:
Give this guy the 2002 MJ.

2011_vuelta_a_espana_stage2_la_nucia_david_moncoutie_cofidis1a.jpg

Yeah, I'd love to see this happening but Moncoutie wont accept :(

Edit: Btw, here is my picks, I posted this on another thread though

99 Heulot, 13th
00 Robin, 19th
01 Simon, 6th
02 Moncoutie, 13th (I just want to see this guy get a TDF, I know Sastre is 10th)
03 Sastre, 9th
04 Casar, 16th
05 Cadel, 8th

TRENDING THREADS