• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Everybody needs a little bit of Roglstomp in their lives

Page 645 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Doing dad stuff, with his ski jumping buddy Peter Prevc, who retired this year

GLUC3ghXsAAgY-q

GLTaS-JW4AAN9t0

The subject is interesting with the side-by-side pictures with a ski jumper in what we can assume almost prime condition weight wise, having finished the career a month ago... because I remember Roglič being much happier with transition to cycling because as he said at the time "you don't have to care about eating too much"... but now he looks leaner than a ski jumper... poor Roglič, didn't know what he signed up for after all I guess.

The subject is interesting with the side-by-side pictures with a ski jumper in what we can assume almost prime condition weight wise, having finished the career a month ago... because I remember Roglič being much happier with transition to cycling because as he said at the time "you don't have to care about eating too much"... but now he looks leaner than a ski jumper... poor Roglič, didn't know what he signed up for after all I guess.
I think he still eats a lot more than he used to, except now he burns much more calories on his typical training day than he did when he was a ski jumper. But yeah, he does look leaner than Prevc who won his last World Cup event a month ago, so he’s still as lean as they get…

Reactions: acm
I agree about him eating more, but I would still argue he got leaner with years in cycling.
Got no great pictures for illustration, but 2015-2016-... Roglič did not have "literal" holes below cheeks (even if he was never really "roundish").
He also did not struggle with the cold conditions as much in the early years.
I believe Roglič is going asymptotic to the limit this year with regards to such controllable aspects, and is if anything leaner then ever.
Not that I necessarily put too much value on one looking lean one way or another.

I know the fact of Roglic being a former ski jumper has been brought up countless times, but it's really only when I see pictures like this when I truly realize it. Seeing him and Prevc just being old buddies still feels so surreal.
I'm actually a bit surprised that they're such a good buddies, as Prevc was in the Slovenia A teams ever since Vancouver 2010 while Roglic was...well, mostly in the CC team so I'd guess they hardly trained together, hence building a friendship looks strange but what do I know..

nobody ever did. Those that encourage you to start: "You'd only need to train a couple of hours....it's enjoyable". They never mention that it was everyday, forever and doubly when the weather is crappy.

TRENDING THREADS