• We're giving away a Cyclingnews water bottle! Find out more here!

Teams & Riders The official Primož Roglič is the new Rominger thread

Page 64 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Yes, that would be the best solution.
Funnily enough I see a lot of Dutch people thinking Kruijswijk has a chance to win either. Somehow they convinced themselves Kruijswijk is one of the best climbers in the world.

Dumoulin is once again forced to choose between being the favorite in the Giro and having almost no shot in the Tour. But then I'm kind of at a loss of how to rate his climbing. Probably prefer Dumoulin/Groenewegen in the Giro and Roglic/Kruijswijk in the Tour.

Then Dumoulin has to decide what the best route to Tokyo is. I think Tokyo ITT is the main reason for Dumoulin to choose Tour over Giro honestly.

Lastly, Groenewegen is already talking about the Tour and about getting helpers for the Tour. That just shouldn't happen.

KZD

Feb 21, 2019
I think the Tour climbs suit Roglic better because they are steeper but mostly smaller and at lower altitude. The lack of time-trial may be a relative problem but I don't think it will keep him out of the Tour.

Regarding Dumoulin, the Giro route is clearly better for him and I still think he could target both the RR and the TT in Tokyo which would make a Tour GC attempt just foolish.

I still think Groenewegen will do the Tour and the Giro before, because he is Dutch, which would sadly put an halt to a possible Van Aert green jersey ambition.

Last edited:
May 29, 2019
It's Roglič 30 birthday today, happy birthday!

P.S. Roglič hinted in some interview, he will likely attend the TDF 2020. Although not all that much ITT kilometers involved, Roglič said the only one (Stage 20) suits him and he will try to make a difference there (yellow jersey).

May 29, 2019

Yes, it was more or less on the plan all along, back from the 2017, to attend TDF 2020 and go for the win. I guess this therefore just needs to happen, as that is where both the heart and the mind are ATM.

P.S. Other GT riders in TJV need to decide, if they want to be a part of a TJVT (Team Jumbo Visma Train), or to go after a win on another GT race in 2020, or to do both. Racing against Roglič on TDF 2020, that isn't something that makes all that much sense.

Reactions: glassmoon
Roglic for Tour makes a lot more sense. That will allow him to target the Ardennes in top shape as well if he wants to.

Roglic could do the same trick as Fuglsang on Mur De Huy but since he is more explosive, he might be able to dethrone Alaphilippe. He could also copy Fuglsang's attack on Faucons and TT all the way to the finish line.

KZD

Feb 21, 2019
Fleche-Liege-Tour-Olympics-Worlds would be the perfect schedule for Roglic next year. This would mean a slower build up into the season using the one week races more as preparation.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS