• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Everybody needs a little bit of Roglstomp in their lives

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

johnymax said:
Taxus4a said:
Libertine Seguros said:
Taxus4a said:
When this man has showed something similar to Landa in Neila?
When has he raced against that kind of calibre field? Also, hard for him to show something like that so young; he's two months older than Landa, but when Landa did that amazing ride in Burgos, Roglič hadn't taken up cycling.

This is pretty useful, though admittedly he was probably peaking for his home race, while Nieve was coming off trying to peak for the Giro. Also there's Ulissi there; Ulissi is the same age as Roglič, but like Nieve he was already on a WT team by the time Roglič took up the sport. He was at the pointy end of anything hilly to mountainous that he entered last year, but also he was racing for Adria Mobil so there weren't too many races against high quality fields or on suitably mountainous parcours. Never underestimate beating the Iranian climbers either.

He's got potential. Give him a year or two to adapt to the WT.

Look at this video from Tour de Azerbaijan from 9:10 on: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYaojyG0crQ
That was a very entertaining watch. :D

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Re:

Dekker_Tifosi said:
Quite possibly the first actual good foreign signing done by Rabo/Belkin/Lotto since Menchov and Freire?

Vanmarcke after he wins paris-roubaix this year :D.

ontopic, i'm also on the Primož bandwagon. Looking forward to the giro

What I'm looking forward to is seeing him get down the mountains!

s_skijump_060202nw_0207.jpg

:p

Re: The official Primož Roglič is the new Landa thread

I think he did very well in the TT, considering it was his second real ITT test of his career (first was last year a 9km ITT in Tour de Slovenie). He still has a lot of room for improvement there. I'm looking forward to Sunday to see how he'll do with a short and steep climb like Malhao.

I'm not sure he'll do Milano-Sanremo. If I remember correctly he said in an interview he'll ride Catalunya. Maybe he'll ride them both. Anyway, he also said he is getting better and better. TA will be a big opportunity for him because he'll be the only rider on the team going for GC. About Strade bianche he doesn't know what to expect. He is not familiar with this kind of races, but he is eager to learn.

If you ask me I say Strade bianche should suit him, too. But I'm not expecting a great result in this year's edition because one of his biggest problems is still positioning in the peloton. And positioning becomes very important on those crucial gravel sections so he could be held behind when the action starts and the best riders go clear. We'll see.

Oh, and here is his blog if anybody is interested https://primozroglic.com/

Re:

johnymax said:
I'm not sure he'll do Milano-Sanremo. If I remember correctly he said in an interview he'll ride Catalunya. Maybe he'll ride them both. Anyway, he also said he is getting better and better. TA will be a big opportunity for him because he'll be the only rider on the team going for GC. About Strade bianche he doesn't know what to expect. He is not familiar with this kind of races, but he is eager to learn.

If you ask me I say Strade bianche should suit him, too. But I'm not expecting a great result in this year's edition because one of his biggest problems is still positioning in the peloton. And positioning becomes very important on those crucial gravel sections so he could be held behind when the action starts and the best riders go clear. We'll see.

Oh, and here is his blog if anybody is interested https://primozroglic.com/

He'll finish il primavera, and then win stage 1 in catalunya like paterski last year.

Re: The official Primož Roglič is the new Landa thread

I just hope Kruijswijk and Roglic ride Romandie before the Giro. Specially Kruijswijk needs serious racing in his legs before the Giro.
Else he will lose another 8 minutes in the first week.

Roglic will take care of the overall picture for Team LottoNL-Jumbo. “We’re curious to see if he will be able to continue what he showed in the Volta ao Algarve,” Verhoeven continued. Roglic is confident. “I think that everything will be all right,” he said. “I’m not nervous, I know I’m good and want to show myself as much as possible. I will be able to aim for a good result in the general classification. The fifth stage will be the decisive one. The team time trial is a new thing for me, but I’m not worried. We will have enough time to train for it and to get used to each other.

“I don’t know much about Tirreno-Adriatico besides that it is a tough race. Everything is new for me this year, but that also works in my favour. I’m not afraid of anything.”

Rogla is ready :cool:

He was one of the most affected with the cancellation of the stage for sure. LottoNL-Jumbo couldn't compete with the stronger teams in the TTT, but he was still in a striking distance. He's done his job of not losing time in other stages and I was really looking forward to the San Vicino stage, especially after his comments of how he easily followed the favourites in the climbs they already faced. He is usually cautious with the comments but he was unusually confident this time. It really is a bummer. Oh well, next stop for a coming out party is Catalunya. This is his schedule until the Giro:

21. -27.3 2016 : Volta Ciclista a Catalunya (ESP)
29.4. – 1.5. 2016 : Tour of Yorkshire (ENG)

TRENDING THREADS