• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Everybody needs a little bit of Roglstomp in their lives

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

johnymax said:
He was one of the most affected with the cancellation of the stage for sure. LottoNL-Jumbo couldn't compete with the stronger teams in the TTT, but he was still in a striking distance. He's done his job of not losing time in other stages and I was really looking forward to the San Vicino stage, especially after his comments of how he easily followed the favourites in the climbs they already faced. He is usually cautious with the comments but he was unusually confident this time. It really is a bummer. Oh well, next stop for a coming out party is Catalunya. This is his schedule until the Giro:

21. -27.3 2016 : Volta Ciclista a Catalunya (ESP)
29.4. – 1.5. 2016 : Tour of Yorkshire (ENG)
I didn´t know that he will race in Catalunya, he is not in PCS list yet. Lotto Jumbo will be riding also with Gesink,Kruijswijk,kelderman and probably George Bennett. Great team but the leader i believe that will be Gesink who is preparing this race as a important goal. Perhaps he can earn the leadership on the road :)

Re: Re:

kingjr said:
staubsauger said:
Primoj Roglitj / Primosch Roglitsch !?

Premosh Roglitch should be the English version, yes. But the sh and tch should be pronounced a bit softer like with the French j shouldn't it? :confused:

I presumed More Strides than Rides is a native english speaker.

English speaker, but can do a little bit of a few languages.

Maybe offer some rhymes? French, German, Dutch? (Or Arabic or Somali ;) )

I think I got it though. I don't think I'll be talking to anyone who would know the difference.

Re: The official Primož Roglič is the new Landa thread

Popchu said:
Was he involved in that crash today with Scarponi? Or just a bad day?

142 BENOOT Tiesj Lotto Soudal 5:22
143 ROGLIČ Primož Team LottoNL - Jumbo ,,

Yes he was. I don't know if it was with Scarponi but he was involved in a crash.

Just before the peloton had to climb the final uphill, Primoz Roglic crashed softly. “It was a crash without any damage, but he did lose some time,” Engels added. Roglic lost his chances in the general classification when the organisation decided to cancel stage 5 and had no result to defend during the closing time trial anymore. “It’s still going to be an interesting day for him tomorrow. He has to give it all in that time trial. He doesn’t have much experience in time trials, so this is a chance to gain some.

There was a small lotto jumbo in Scarponi crash, so yes, he was involved in that crash. It´s a shame he still had the chance to improve some places in GC with the TT. Despite this, i think that he must go all in in the time trial to see what is level is in that discipline.

roundabout said:
31st today. Very decent performance all things considered

Lotto seems pleased so far:

Primoz Roglic’s development as a classification rider satisfied Boven. “Primoz is a positive guy who wants to work hard. He has to take some steps, as well, but he’s able to do that. He is studious and clever. We didn’t see his potential this week because the mountain stage was cancelled due to weather.
“That was a good decision in our opinion, by the way, because it was about the riders’ safety. It looks like Primoz is healthy and fit, and he always was in the right position in the race. Now, he has to learn to perform when at the sharp-end of the race.”

Source: http://www.teamlottojumbo.com/cycling-news/leezer-incorrectly-5th-in-tirrenoadriatico-time-trial

Also he's now confirmed to ride Volta Ciclista a Catalunya 21. to 27. March with the best LottoNL riders, Gesink, Kelderman and Kruijswik! :)

YxW4tHA.png

Also alongside Contador, Froome, Quintana and others. It's an all star cast. :eek:

3qS2mc5.png

I'm really surprised at his ITT results. I think it's save to say that ITT won't be his weakness against other GC riders. Actually with a little bit of training it can become his advantage. Today he beat GC riders like Kwitkowski, Mollema, Valverde, Kreuziger, Poels, Fuglsang...I'd say that's pretty impressive.

Re:

Lequack said:
Also he's now confirmed to ride Volta Ciclista a Catalunya 21. to 27. March with the best LottoNL riders, Gesink, Kelderman and Kruijswik! :)

YxW4tHA.png

Wtf :D LottoJumbo is sending a dream team of climbers. When there will be 20 riders left in the bunch there will be 4 rabo boys among them. Rabo attack all the way! :D

Re: Re:

johnymax said:
Lequack said:

YxW4tHA.png

Wtf :D LottoJumbo is sending a dream team of climbers. When there will be 20 riders left in the bunch there will be 4 rabo boys among them. Rabo attack all the way! :D
Won't be surprised if it's Roglic only and maybe Kruijswijk eventually!

Gesink seems to be very busy with training a La Molina, though!

Re:

Hopefully Primož will be able to have a chance to go for GC, Lotto has changed their tune a bit with before saying they had 4 leaders and now mostly saying that they will work for Gesink.

The team turned its attention to Wednesday’s stage. “The upcoming two days will be decisive for the general classification,” Engels added. “We’re in a good place with Robert Gesink and that gives us a good feeling about tomorrow, when we finish on La Molina. That final climb isn’t spectacular. I’m expecting some differences tomorrow, but probably the biggest gaps will happen on Thursday.”

Source: http://www.teamlottojumbo.com/cycling-news/team-lottonljumbo-without-problems-through-day-two-in-catalunya

Re:

del1962 said:
Gesink must be totally out of form, the stage suited him

Robert Gesink, unable to generate his normal power, lost almost two minutes to today’s winner Dan Martin (Etixx - Quick Step) in the third stage of the Volta Ciclista a Catalunya. Team LottoNL-Jumbo’s front man was distanced already early on the final climb. Primoz Roglic and Steven Kruijswijk, however, were able to stay in front.

“It was looking good for a while today, but the result is disappointing,” Sports Director Addy Engels said after the first mountain stage. “Robert Gesink was our man. We covered him the whole day, but he wasn’t able to follow the pace already early on the final climb of the day. His chances at a good result in the general classification are gone, now.”

Source: http://www.teamlottojumbo.com/cycling-news/-agesink-power-outage-in-the-volt--aacatalunya

I expected more to be honest. He lost a lot of time in the last km. Maybe I've had too high expectations too early. But I was disappointed in today's stage in general. It was practically a 1km uphill sprint. Oh well. Hope tomorrow's stage delivers better action, but after today I've lowered my expectations of Rogla for this race.

Also what happened to Gesink? He and his team looked extremely confident in his GC chances this week. We'll see tomorrow if it was only a bad day.

Re:

classicomano said:
Is Roglic explosive though? We know Kruijswijk is anything but, so maybe his result isnt all that bad considering.

From what I've seen from him I thought he looked pretty explosive. On Malhao he was pretty far behind Thomas and Uran less than a km to go on some video I've seen. Then on the clip of the finish line you can see him reaching both (G and Uran) with double the speed and finishing s.t. That's why I don't expect a great result tomorrow. I hope I'm wrong of course.

TRENDING THREADS