• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Everybody needs a little bit of Roglstomp in their lives

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: The official Primož Roglič is the new Landa thread

pablohidalgo7 said:
Lequack said:
pablohidalgo7 said:
He is going to race the national TT tomorrow.
Brajkovic and Mohoric as the big rivals

No Spilak? He used to be good in TT.
He is not in the starlist.
Apparently, he never takes part in the national.
Lol, Brajkovic and Mohoric don't stand a chance. The first is sadly a shadow of his former self. It's unbelievable to think he was once one of the best ITT riders in the world. Mohoric on the other hand is still too young and just isn't good enough yet to compete with Rogla. Only Spilak could have been a challenge but as mentioned he isn't competing.

johnymax said:
pablohidalgo7 said:
Lequack said:
pablohidalgo7 said:
He is going to race the national TT tomorrow.
Brajkovic and Mohoric as the big rivals

No Spilak? He used to be good in TT.
He is not in the starlist.
Apparently, he never takes part in the national.
Lol, Brajkovic and Mohoric don't stand a chance. The first is sadly a shadow of his former self. It's unbelievable to think he was once one of the best ITT riders in the world. Mohoric on the other hand is still too young and just isn't good enough yet to compete with Rogla. Only Spilak could have been a challenge but as mentioned he isn't competing.
Yes I know, but I mean, they are the only "serious" competitors appart from Roglic. Of course they should be at least 2-3 minutes worse than Rogla.

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
Although it will be interesting to see how Brajkovic performs tomorrow and in Tour of Slovenia, since he got his cardiac issues fixed in a way. But it's not that I have high hopes anyway.

But yeah, the competition is really poor. And it's a pity that some amateur riders don't get the chance to do 2 laps, same as professionals. It would be interesting to compare the results on a longer course.

johnny, do you know anything about Koren? AFAIK he was meant to go to Giro and if I remember correctly he also did train in altitude in April, but then nothing. It looks like he is doing TdS, so Tour maybe after that?

Re:

nogav1ca said:
Although it will be interesting to see how Brajkovic performs tomorrow and in Tour of Slovenia, since he got his cardiac issues fixed in a way. But it's not that I have high hopes anyway.

But yeah, the competition is really poor. And it's a pity that some amateur riders don't get the chance to do 2 laps, same as professionals. It would be interesting to compare the results on a longer course.

johnny, do you know anything about Koren? AFAIK he was meant to go to Giro and if I remember correctly he also did train in altitude in April, but then nothing. It looks like he is doing TdS, so Tour maybe after that?
Yes, I also hope Brajkovic does well. It was nice to see him climbing with the best last year in Abu Dhabi tour. I didn't know he had cardiac issues.

About Koren, I don't know. I have the same info as you do. I know he talked about going to the Giro for the first time, but then it never happened. He rode GP Gippingen yesterday and he'll do TdS next. I don't know if he's scheduled to do the Tour.

pablohidalgo7 said:
1. Roglic
2. Mohoric
3. David Per
1. Roglic 50:51
2. Mohoric 52:50
3. David Per 52:53

As expected Rogla confirms his status of favourite no.1 and in his first participation takes the ITT national title. With all due respect to Stimulak, Gazvoda and Tratnik, this is the first ITT Slovenian champion after Brajkovic in 2011, who can compete with the top ITT riders in the world. Finally the jersey can be showcased in WT races.

Third today in the TT in Tour of Poland:
kMwb8Eu.png

Full results: http://www.procyclingstats.com/race/Tour_de_Pologne_2016_Stage_7

From Lotto NL site:

Primoz Roglic finished third in the final stage of the Tour de Pologne today. In the time trial around Kraków, he only was beaten by Alex Dowsett and Jonathan Castroviejo (both Movistar). Victor Campenaerts finished fifth. Tim Wellens (Lotto-Soudal) won the general classification.

“It was our ambition to win this time trial,” Sports Director Addy Engels said. “Primoz Roglic and Victor Campenaerts did a good job and a time trial is always a fair thing, so this feels kind of double. We had two possible winners in our team, so the victory needs to be your target as well. We were not really that close. Primoz lost 39 seconds on Dowsett. That’s not a shame, but on a good day, it might've be the other way around.”

Circumstances

Roglic was satisfied with his place. “Of course you want to win, but it was a completely flat time trial,” he added. “That makes it harder for me to reach a high pace. I lost it on speed and power today. I wasn’t able to push harder than I did.

"It was a very hard week here in Poland. The weather conditions made it even harder. I’m learning from weeks like this. To ride such a hard race in these circumstances as the team’s leader makes me better. This is good for my development.”

“When you just look at the results, you have to conclude that we didn’t reach our targets,” Engels continued. “We wanted to deliver a good general classification with Primoz, wanted to sprint with Moreno Hofland and win the time trial. We failed. The time trial wasn’t bad today and Moreno delivered some good sprints. This isn’t a huge disappointment, but it could have been better.”

Source: http://www.teamlottojumbo.nl/cycling-news/roglic-3rd-in-closing-time-trial-of-the-tour-de-pologne-campenaerts-5th

Re:

HelloDolly said:
Roglic hasa gift at TT not so much at climbing...maybe he shoudlfashion himselfon Kiryenkia and win a worlds TT
The thing is he got a WT contract because of his climbing ability and his first good results this year came in Algarve also on the climbs. I find it hard to believe he suddenly forgot how to climb. In Poland he lost contact of the 20 riders group on the descent 20km to go because he was freezing. I still believe he has the ability to become very good in mountainous and hilly races. I think it'd be a shame if he limited himself to only focus on time-trialling. On the other hand he is not the youngest anymore so he has to be wise in choosing what speciality is good for him going forward. For now his main goal is the olympic ITT.

Time to bring this thread back from the dead perhaps? :)

Primož seem to be on very good form this season with a good result in Tour of Velencia and now is also leading the overall in Volta ao Algarve. Definitely looking forward to more this.

TRENDING THREADS