• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Everybody needs a little bit of Roglstomp in their lives

Page 44 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Nibali probably thinks Roglic is playing games by not going to the Tour with him. :)

If he goes to the Vuelta there is actually a bit more timetrialing that in the Tour this year, but the climbs will definitely not suit him, the Tour has pretty regular climbs of up to 10%, meanwhile in Vuelta this year, stage 7 MTF:

C306W2FWQAA9ICy.jpg

Stage 13 MTF:

17080825622-hoehenprofil-vuelta-a-espantildea-2017---etappe-17-alto-de-los-machucos.jpg

Re:

Lequack said:
Nibali probably thinks Roglic is playing games by not going to the Tour with him. :)

If he goes to the Vuelta there is actually a bit more timetrialing that in the Tour this year, but the climbs will definitely not suit him, the Tour has pretty regular climbs of up to 10%, meanwhile in Vuelta this year, stage 7 MTF:

C306W2FWQAA9ICy.jpg

Stage 13 MTF:

17080825622-hoehenprofil-vuelta-a-espantildea-2017---etappe-17-alto-de-los-machucos.jpg
Nibali will have Fuglsang instead of Roglic. And the bird will do the chasing.

I would be disappointed if he doesn't ride the Vuelta.
He never took part and having ridden the Giro rather than the Tour he has more time to prepare it. Even if he doesn't go for GC he could try to win a stage while preparing for the Worlds

Good news, he has confirmed (unofficially) after the National Championships that he's probably going to the Vuelta as a GC contender. Most likely alongside Kruijswik and Gesink, if he has recovered from the crash.

Bonuc pic from today's National Championships road race:

D-UdKvEXUAEeA9F.jpg

Well he's in an interesting predicament now with Tom Dumoulin coming to the team. Two Dutch GC riders in a Dutch team, I'm hoping he doesn't become the next George Bennet, being sidelined.
We can see it with Ineos they have such talent that they basically compete with one another. Geraint would have won this year if not for Bernal, etc. And what's worse is even though Geraint probably wanted to win jsut as much as Bernal, he "needs" to be happy about it because it's team Ineos win.

I don't think Roglic will be the new Bennett. He already showed more in GT's than Bennett with the 4th place in the 2018 Tour and 3rd in the 2019 Giro plus he is one of the best if not the best, one week stage racer in the peloton.
However I don't know if he will race the Tour next year, if Jumbo wants to have two riders that are able to win the Tour he should go, if not maybe Giro-Olympics-Vuelta-Worlds could be a better option.

TRENDING THREADS