• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Everybody needs a little bit of Roglstomp in their lives

Page 67 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Giro 2019 was a learning experience. A lot of altitude to overcome, weak team, bad nutrition ... TDF 2020 will be brutal from beginning. If you won't be able to cope in the first week, then likely you won't be on the podium at the end of the race. Current shape is i guess just about right. Weight is under control, intensity of training is increasing, some racing is involved, for reassurance.

Reactions: Carols
New national champ jersey, I quite like the design.

EewhUfpXoAIvKcP

Eev0G2_WsAIQUqM

extra

EekWTuaX0AAH26C

Great 3 days of riding by TJV and Roglic has Good Form! He looked Really Good all 3 days and TJV disposed of Ineos while Primoz disposed of Bernal.
The only question is can his form improve in the next 4 weeks or is he peaking to soon?
Primoz in Yellow at le Tour!

I don't believe he and the team will make the mistake to be in peak form to early. The Tour is in 3 weeks time, they are where they need to be.
On the other hand I wonder if it'd be almost better for him to skip Dauphine and maybe do Il Lombardia. His base level is so high he doesn't need many race days to be in form for the start of a GT. Look at last year when he didn't even race between the Giro and the Vuelta. I know it's not going to happen, it's just a thought.

In the meantime it's great he is piling up those victories. You never know what will happen in this strange season. Five race days, four victories and two 2nd places. Good, he needs to show he can keep up with the incredible crop of young superstars in Remco, Pogi and Quintana 2.0.

Reactions: hayneplane
Yep, given his form (discounted by the fact that his will change, as will competitors), the strength of his team, the fact that Dunoulin appears unready to go for the Tour win and willing to work for him, and his superiority over Bernal in the TT, he is the clear favorite IMO.

Trying to come around to him more. I read once that he isn’t a cycling fan; he just started cycling because he wanted to be an elite athlete, ski jumping hadn’t worked out like he’d hoped, and he discovered he was good at cycling. Contrast that with Contador, Sagan, Nibali, Ala, Froome, who all seem to love cycling, and I admit I hold that a bit against him. But, I’m coming around to him :)

His crash wasn't that inocent after all. Apparently he was close to abandon the race aftet the crash and is not a sure thing he'll continue tomorrow. It's amazing he still looked one of the strongest riders on the climb when Bahrain upped the tempo. He is a warrior.

It's a shame if he can't go on tomorrow because Dauphine is a stage race he hasn't won yet. But if that's the right thing to do to be ready for the Tour, so be it.

His crash wasn't that inocent after all. Apparently he was close to abandon the race aftet the crash and is not a sure thing he'll continue tomorrow. It's amazing he still looked one of the strongest riders on the climb when Bahrain upped the tempo. He is a warrior.

It's a shame if he can't go on tomorrow because Dauphine is a stage race he hasn't won yet. But if that's the right thing to do to be ready for the Tour, so be it.
I was thinking he had a little more sad puppy stare than terminator stare today.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan

TRENDING THREADS