• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Everybody needs a little bit of Roglstomp in their lives

Page 78 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Roglič likely was a bit disappointed today, stage 15, not taking the win. But waking up tomorrow, realizing he is still in maillot jaune, has a great team at his side, that should do it.

As for week 3. Likely they will keep an eye on the remaining favorites, but to focus on Pogačar a bit more. Likely to try and controll potential attacks and better manage bonus seconds.

I don't know about that. He's probably not even the most famous ski jumper in Slovenia yet. Ski jumping is like a national sport there.
TBH, you don't have to be the most famous ski jumper in Slovenia to be the most famous ski jumper worldwide. :p

I'm sure here in Poland not even half as many people recognise Roglic as Małysz or Stoch but I would bet in places like Spain or Colombia it would be the other way around by an even bigger margin.

• Haha
Reactions: Sandisfan
Roglič clearly said he wanted to win stage 15. He felt good all day and team decided to crank it up and set him up for the win. He started the attack too soon, got blocked by Pogačar a bit going in the final corner and didn't have enough to beat him. Pogačar could become a problem for JV and Roglič. They are very close and looks like Pogačar can take bonus seconds away every time. One little mistake or crack by Roglič and Pogačar will win it all. On the other side, the same can happen to Pogačar.

Reactions: Oldermanish
Funny how suddenly the opinions change. Till yesterday it was Roglič the one who was the favourite to take the bonuses at the finish line or in the middle of the stage. Since yesterday everybody is talking about Pogačar being the favourite to take those bonuses.

In reality I don't think much changed. Pogačar is in my opinion more likely to take bonuses only on top of Col de la Loze if GC riders fight for the victory there.

Problem is, they are very close to each other. Pogačar can take bonus seconds and gets even closer to Roglič. With better regeneration, he can be deadly in iTT.
I think JV will try anything to shake Pogačar before iTT. Problem is, what can they do if he uses JV as his train in the mountains and then jumps for bonus seconds or even tries to crack Roglič.

Roglič always looked at Pogačar as his little kid and the one to continue winning after Roglič stops. Looks like this kid is growing up too fast. If Roglič has it, we could see some great battles this week or iTT from hell.

Problem is, they are very close to each other. Pogačar can take bonus seconds and gets even closer to Roglič. With better regeneration, he can be deadly in iTT.
I think JV will try anything to shake Pogačar before iTT. Problem is, what can they do if he uses JV as his train in the mountains and then jumps for bonus seconds or even tries to crack Roglič.

Roglič always looked at Pogačar as his little kid and the one to continue winning after Roglič stops. Looks like this kid is growing up too fast. If Roglič has it, we could see some great battles this week or iTT from hell.

Well, one thing is for sure. If Jumbo Visma has any tactical sense they will not drill it like they did yesterday. Because this is not the way to get rid of Pogačar. They have to play it smart. Choo-choo to the top of Loze will just end with another Pogačar win.

Reactions: Red Rick
Listening Primož interviews yesterday and comments from other JV team, it's clear he's very happy with a position at the moment and that two Slovenians are so good. But it's also clear the gloves are off. No more JV train for Pogačar, no more alliance between Roglič and Pogačar. Looks like Roglič thought he will help Pogačar as much as possible and got a very good partner for the mountains. He would also let him win a stage or two if they would come together to the finish line first. He didn't count on Pogačar being so good already. Gloves were already off in stage 15 that Roglič wanted to win, but Pogačar took it in front of him. Pogačar made Terminator mad. It's really rare to see Roglič with any real emotion. After stage 15, he was NOT happy. Even after destroying most of the peloton, it didn't matter, because he didn't win. Talking about a focus and winning mentality. So it's mad Terminator vs. new version of T1000 for the last week of racing.

EiEigLaXcAAmLPC

EiDyK04X0AAZJLq

TRENDING THREADS