• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Everybody needs a little bit of Roglstomp in their lives

Page 87 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
He needed this win badly. I think he wasn't in a happy place mentally in the last couple of weeks. After crashing out of the Dauphine when in the leader jersey before the last stage, after how he lost the Tour again in the last stage and after being the target of insinuations and insults by Belgian media and public after the Worlds...this, this was the perfect cure. Of course he was lucky as hell there. But just to be able to put himself in a position to fight for the victory in such a demanding race after all that happened to him lately, shows the magnetude of this rider's character.

This was arguably his biggest win. Or is his Vuelta win unquestionably rated higher, what do you think?

He needed this win badly. I think he wasn't in a happy place mentally in the last couple of weeks. After crashing out of the Dauphine when in the leader jersey before the last stage, after how he lost the Tour again in the last stage and after being the target of insinuations and insults by Belgian media and public after the Worlds...this, this was the perfect cure. Of course he was lucky as hell there. But just to be able to put himself in a position to fight for the victory in such a demanding race after all that happened to him lately, shows the magnetude of this rider's character.

This was arguably his biggest win. Or is his Vuelta win unquestionably rated higher, what do you think?

Vuelta win is more of an achivement. Much less people have what it takes to win a GT than a classic.

Vuelta, not really a question. But he really needed this one IMO.

Going by the phrasing of a Wielerflits article, I'm not sure he'll do the Vuelta. The artical said LBL was the last race in months of peaking for Roglic, and it mentioned how he hadn't been home for 3 months.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Roglič is actually a funny guy. I guess TdF finish made him human after all. When he was asked what is next in line for him after win yesterday (is he going to Vuelta or is season over for him), he said, he doesn't know yet and it's a perfect time to celebrate, because he finally won something. Says a guy with 42 pro wins in couple years of cycling.

Jumbo Visma also released his watt numbers from TdF and he rode TT better then in Vuelta where he won. His best ever watt numbers wouldn't be enough to beat Pogačar that day. No chance really.

Really delighted for him. Despite being humble and professional, he always seemed a bit 'robotic'. His devastation at the end of the ITT made him seem 'human' - just sitting there, not knowing what to do.
He's come back in the best possible way; a strong ride at the World Champs, and now a Monument, even if it was slightly fortunate. But he was in the position to capitalise on the fortune.

Well done!!

Roglič is actually a funny guy. I guess TdF finish made him human after all. When he was asked what is next in line for him after win yesterday (is he going to Vuelta or is season over for him), he said, he doesn't know yet and it's a perfect time to celebrate, because he finally won something. Says a guy with 42 pro wins in couple years of cycling.

Jumbo Visma also released his watt numbers from TdF and he rode TT better then in Vuelta where he won. His best ever watt numbers wouldn't be enough to beat Pogačar that day. No chance really.
The Tour outcome is a lesson to a team like JV and an Ineos. If you're going to "dominate" stage pacing; be careful of who gets the free ride. It took both Geraint and Froome to hurt Dumolin for Thomas' overall win. If they'd just set tempo who knows how it could've turned out.
Pogacar was a nice kid. Now he's a nice man and will get treated like a potential winner. Roglic has nothing to be ashamed of but will probably be reminded of lost chances like other riders.
This win was sweet and deserved, Julian's theatrics aside.

Tour scenario again. Honestly Dumo is kinda unlucky, Vuelta is just not having enough TT and the climbs are too steep. On a Giro 2020-like route, he will probably have the first chance. I hope he is not gonna start working in the first climbs if he feels he is gonna lose like 30 seconds. Kuss is more than enough really.

Tour scenario again. Honestly Dumo is kinda unlucky, Vuelta is just not having enough TT and the climbs are too steep. On a Giro 2020-like route, he will probably have the first chance. I hope he is not gonna start working in the first climbs if he feels he is gonna lose like 30 seconds. Kuss is more than enough really.
Honestly, the queen stage is quite early, and the Angliru is super straightforward.

Reading the article, there is an interesting bit in there on his form: he says he is riding well already and the form is getting better every week. Hopes to feel that top shape again, and if it does not happen this year then next year.

I think he could be a vuelta threat from that quote.

Reading the article, there is an interesting bit in there on his form: he says he is riding well already and the form is getting better every week. Hopes to feel that top shape again, and if it does not happen this year then next year.

I think he could be a vuelta threat from that quote.
He's been saying that since he came back but the improvement is slow. Remember all the hope before TDF when Roglic was injured. He was like the #3 pick for tdf winner here.
He needs that extra bit to be competitive. Sad he is not in Giro, he would've had a good chance there.
He will be a threat but he still lacks confidence. He already portrays himself in 7th place which is not smth you will hear from Roglic. Dumo needs a win, at least a stage one.

Last edited:
He's been saying that since he came back but the improvement is slow. Remember all the hope before TDF when Roglic was injured. He was like the #3 pick for tdf winner here.
He needs that extra bit to be competitive. Sad he is not in Giro, he would've had a good chance there.
He will be a threat but he still lacks confidence. He already portrays himself in 7th place which is not smth you will hear from Roglic. Dumo needs a win, at least a stage one.
Being in Giro as in skipping Tour?

Or doing a Giro/Tour with 2 weeks rest?

Reactions: yaco and JosefK

TRENDING THREADS