• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Everybody needs a little bit of Roglstomp in their lives

Page 89 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Another monster win today for Primoz!

ElbgkYUXIAExjPQ

Primoz Roglic (Jumbo-Visma): “It was a boring slow start but then the pace went up and it was super hard and fast after the second last climb. It was the fist time in my life I did the last climb, I didn’t know it except from what I could see on the profile. It was a hard climb but when you have an opportunity, you have to go. I was going with my feelings. I always like to win. So if there’s an opportunity, I take it. Luckily I had the legs and I’m happy to win. It’s also nice to get some time back but most of all it’s just nice to win the race.”

1. Putting the pressure on Ineos, forcing them to work hard
  2. Trying to win the stage
  3. Trying to put Bennett into the GC frame again, and use him later as a 2nd option
Exactly what Movistar also tried with Valverde.
Very good prediction. It all came together today and Ineos still has to defend for a bit. As they hit the last 3km I thought: this would be good if they left 15 seconds on the table to force Ineos to defend longer. 13 seconds is close enough!?

Seeing the thread title.. That may end up like the most accurate title over here, especially if Roglic wins the Vuelta. Actually has the thread title been edited since creation? Perhaps, by 31 he will have better palmares than Rominger.

Anyway, I'm rooting for Roglic out of my ski jumping love and the way he was looking when he lost the Tour.
No I am pretty sure the title is original. As 31 is next year and Rominger has 3 more GTs, 1 more monument, better and more week stage race wins, and more GT stages I don't think that is possible. But he can absolutely pass Rominger by the time he retires.

No I am pretty sure the title is original. As 31 is next year and Rominger has 3 more GTs, 1 more monument, better and more week stage race wins, and more GT stages I don't think that is possible. But he can absolutely pass Rominger by the time he retires.

Well, but Rominger got many of his wins after 31. He won his first Vuelta in 1992, never had a GT podium before. So especially if Roglic wins Vuelta, he'd have better palmares by 31 to me.

Not that I expect him to win more than Rominger by the time he retires, but clearly the comparison in the thread title wont be far of the truth.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Seeing the thread title.. That may end up like the most accurate title over here, especially if Roglic wins the Vuelta. Actually has the thread title been edited since creation? Perhaps, by 31 he will have better palmares than Rominger.

Anyway, I'm rooting for Roglic out of my ski jumping love and the way he was looking when he lost the Tour.

It's actually his birthday today. :shortcake:

ElezdexWkAEDcEB

Roglic is indeed the new Rominger if he wins the Vuelta and finishes second in the Tour in the same year, like the Swiss in 1993.

You could also say he's trying to emulate Laurent Fignon's 1989. In that year the Frenchman lost the Tour in the final time trial, but he also won a monument and a GT.
Rominger also won a monument and GT in 92 (Vuelta + Lombardia). That was back when they were at opposite ends of the season.

TRENDING THREADS