• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Everybody needs a little bit of Roglstomp in their lives

Page 94 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Reactions: Cassirer
Okay! That's it. I have proof! They have cloned him. Jumbo has cloned Roglic!

50399ba0-205a-11eb-aae0-02b7b76bf47f.jpg

Two GT podiums (one win) and a Monument in a single season. Quite an achievement.

He's obviously not the most entertaining rider out there but he's racer and a fighter, and I respect him for that. Vuelta is most likely the GT that suits his skills better but I'm pretty sure he'll be up there with the best in any GT in the next few years.

Truly an incredible season by him. It's funny though how the Tour de France win (and the Dauphine win too btw) were the ones everyone felt like he should have got but didn't, while it feels like he got a bit lucky in both the Vuelta and LBL, yet those were the two races he actually won.

That said, watching this Vuelta I still keep my position about Roglic as a gt rider. He is really, really good, but not an absolute great and as the current "man to beat in gt's" he is only a placeholder until the next truly dominant gc rider comes around.

Truly an incredible season by him. It's funny though how the Tour de France win (and the Dauphine win too btw) were the ones everyone felt like he should have got but didn't, while it feels like he got a bit lucky in both the Vuelta and LBL, yet those were the two races he actually won.

That said, watching this Vuelta I still keep my position about Roglic as a gt rider. He is really, really good, but not an absolute great and as the current "man to beat in gt's" he is only a placeholder until the next truly dominant gc rider comes around.

I’d agree with that. He sets a high standard and will always be tough to beat on so many stages because of how strong he is in the final k of stages to mop up bonus seconds and produce a good TT.

Not the most entertaining to watch because of what’s mentioned above, but he does what works for him.

Reactions: Sandisfan
I think part of his recovery problems is the way he trains and times his form. Always flying directly after a block of training; last year he had no racing just before the Vuelta and had no recovery problem there.

With a light spring and build-up for the Tour next year, I don't think he will fade.
I think the Roglic 3rd week thing is a bit overstated, and even before the really weak third week in the Giro 2019 we were all saying riding Romandie was a stupid move.

This Tour ITT is sort of hard to rate without knowing what his normal ITT is like anno 2020.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Maybe I didn't pay enough attention, but were there actually many people regarding him as the next Froome or Contador? I think 2020 was his biggest shot at a Tour win, which is why the loss is all the more painful.

I am really looking to the documentary Jumbo Visma are making. I guess it was supposed to be about the Tour and the pereparations to the Tour. But after that finish... who would want to watch a drama haha. So they needed a better ending. And I think LBL and this Vuelta have provided them with a great ending. I already noticed the Jumbo Visma camerman with his big camera running next to Primož when he crossed the line!

Reactions: Red Rick and Carols
Maybe I didn't pay enough attention, but were there actually many people regarding him as the next Froome or Contador? I think 2020 was his biggest shot at a Tour win, which is why the loss is all the more painful.
Yeah, he is very consistent, but not the dominant level, and I don't think he will have a bigger shot in the Tour. Doesn't mean he can't win it though.

I don't think Anyone regarded him as the next Contador, etc.

But he sure is a grand and successful all-rounder, ranked #1 for 2 years in a row.

TRENDING THREADS