The Rohan Dennis threat

Page 20 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Australia has one of the lowest population densities in the world and no land borders. This has been a huge, huge advantage, more than any government policy.
Our density isn't that low in our major cities - Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane. Of course it’s super low when we look at the entire (mostly desert) continent.

Agree about land borders. But my point was our states have blocked interstate travel at their borders. I have no idea how easy it is to cross borders in Europe under the current situation?

Our density isn't that low in our major cities - Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane. Of course it’s super low when we look at the entire (mostly desert) continent.

Agree about land borders. But my point was our states have blocked interstate travel at their borders. I have no idea how easy it is to cross borders in Europe under the current situation?
I had to get tested on monday so that I can return to Austria from South Tyrol (had to pay 200€, but it can't be helped).
About roadbiking, how many incidents with cyclists ending up in intensive care happen without any cars being involved?
Downhill and stuff like that is ilone thing, but if anything riding your bike in the road would be a lot safer now because of the mininal traffic.

Reactions: Cookster15

Cities like New York and Beijing have a population density over 250 times(!) higher than Sydney or Melbourne.

Cities like New York and Beijing have a population density over 250 times(!) higher than Sydney or Melbourne.
Sure but that isn't the only reason. But you should give credit where due. Oz has done very very well as any casual glance of the new cases curve makes obvious. The Australian government just announced that elective surgeries can recommence after this weekend. Active cases at April 20 were 1,889 versus 4,841 on April 4 before lockdown restrictions started to bite. A 61% decline. You quote two cities with huge density. Beijing has stopped the virus spreading according to what we know.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS