• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The Rohan Dennis thread

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Re:

tobydawq said:
yaco said:
Nothing wrong with Dennis targetting the ITT, especially seeing Nibali is not targetting GC - Strange that other riders can ride 'dead' for 18 stages and then target 3 stages and they are labelled as 'geniuses' if they succeed.

What will you say if he abandons after the ITT?

Why would Dennis abandon after the ITT ? It's not like he's riding the Vuelta with the world's following.

yaco said:
tobydawq said:
yaco said:
Nothing wrong with Dennis targetting the ITT, especially seeing Nibali is not targetting GC - Strange that other riders can ride 'dead' for 18 stages and then target 3 stages and they are labelled as 'geniuses' if they succeed.

Why would Dennis abandon after the ITT ? It's not like he's riding the Vuelta with the world's following.

That's what he did in the Vuelta. But then he of course did the Worlds. I don't think he will abandon, either, by the way.

yaco said:
tobydawq said:
yaco said:

The way he is riding in the Tour, it wouldn't make any difference.

KZD said:
yaco said:
tobydawq said:
yaco said:

So he abandons before the ITT and his team has no idea what is going on...quite a baffling set of events going on here with Rohan

NorthAmericanScum said:
KZD said:
yaco said:
tobydawq said:
yaco said:

So he abandons before the ITT and his team has no idea what is going on...quite a baffling set of events going on here with Rohan

Of course they know full well, it's more PR to make him look bad for some reason.

bambino said:
18-Valve. (pithy) said:

For the sake of Dennis, I really hope this is not the reason.

Absolutely.

Re:

SafeBet said:
He had an argument about his TT bike and suit during today's stage???

IF that is the reason, I think the agrument has been there for awhile. Today, for the protest, he probably thought "fuckit, I'm going to break as I won't win the TT anyway due to poor gear". Team told him to stay in bunch and rest. Rohan decided to rest bit more.

Again, I have hard times to believe this could be it. But if it is, he is not going to have easy times to find new team.

bambino said:
SafeBet said:
He had an argument about his TT bike and suit during today's stage???

IF that is the reason, I think the agrument has been there for awhile. Today, for the protest, he probably thought "****, I'm going to break as I won't win the TT anyway due to poor gear". Team told him to stay in bunch and rest. Rohan decided to rest bit more.

Again, I have hard times to believe this could be it. But if it is, he is not going to have easy times to find new team.
I don't think he would have such a hard time finding a new team. Can't imagine there aren't a few teams who are interested in the WC ITT.

Re:

Ludwigzgz said:
Kidnapped by McQuaid?? ;)

And... what about this?? It's true?? :D

https://www.marca.com/ciclismo/tour-francia/2019/07/18/5d30818f22601d794f8b457f.html

D_w36F-UwAEB2RI

how can there be argument about suit and bike,he won prologue in tour de suisse and finished second overall...you cant possibly do that if your equipment is bad

also nibali who i assume has the same equipment did a good TTs in giro,so what is dennis complaining about?

Re:

saganftw said:
how can there be argument about suit and bike,he won prologue in tour de suisse and finished second overall...you cant possibly do that if your equipment is bad

also nibali who i assume has the same equipment did a good TTs in giro,so what is dennis complaining about?
Nibali secret monster TT'er hidden by poor equipment

Re:

saganftw said:

His long ITT was not good. And finishing 2nd in the GC doesn't mean anything, since you don't ride normal stages with an ITT bike/suit. The argument was most likely specifically about the ITT equipment.

Perhaps he is a guy who stands up for basic human rights and finally got the memo that his team boss has allegedly personally tortured academics and human rights activists who have challenged the regime. Clearly Cookson could not have cared less about human rights violations in the country when granting a world tour licence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS