• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The Rohan Dennis thread

Page 9 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is hardly anything Merida can say to make this situation any better other than pretending this never happened.

Edit: Well they could blame it on the helm/wheels but no legitimate company would ever do that.
If Merida are smart, they had their design guys sit with Dennis, ask what he does and doesn't like about the bike and go back to the drawing board.

It's not like manufacturers haven't done this in the past, and they can even turn it to their advantage - "The new Merida Warp TT. Co-designed with World TT Champ and TDF Stage winner Rohan Dennis..."

Reactions: jmdirt
Don't know, and surely the bike will make a difference, but you have to wonder, if the fact that he was only able to take a handful of seconds on Bernal in TDS, was all because of the bike. Personally, i don't buy it. At this point, i'm thinking the bike will make a bigger difference in his head, than on the road.

I mean, he lost one second per km on Lampaert. Not on van Aert or Roglic. Unless he loses 2sec per km due to the bike, i'm not buying it.
Fatigue of stage race

While every other rider in the field will be racing on the bikes they use with their trade teams throughout the season, Dennis is heading off-piste. Cyclingnews spotted a blacked-out BMC Timemachine at Cycling Australia’s hotel in Yorkshire, which is the bike he rode to the world title 12 months ago.

Uh-oh.

While every other rider in the field will be racing on the bikes they use with their trade teams throughout the season, Dennis is heading off-piste. Cyclingnews spotted a blacked-out BMC Timemachine at Cycling Australia’s hotel in Yorkshire, which is the bike he rode to the world title 12 months ago.

Uh-oh.
We knew this already though? You even posted it two weeks ago in the Evenepoel topic iirc.

He would not be welcome in my team after what he did at the Tour, being World Champion or not!

---
So, interesting fact; (reported both today, and during the Vuelta): Rolf Sørensen mentioned that he and Dennis Ritter actually saw Dennis at a restaurant the day he abandoned, but decided not to tell anyone.

Find myself wondering if "Threat" instead of "Thread" in the title was intentional, prophetic, or both. :D

Not the first that's been mentioned here! :(

What an interesting case. What will he do next year? Here's a guy who can dominate TTs and hang in the mountains, at least in a one-week race...and yet...maybe BMC can rebuild their team around him since he's the best salesman for their bikes!

I'm pretty sure he'll be riding in the WT next year. Being a repeat world champion offsets a lot of other stuff.

One also has to say that he never caused any problems at BMC, he's not easy to deal with, but he can be a great asset for a team in the right environment. He strikes me as a guy who's a hothead and usually has his focus on a single goal, after reaching that goal he needs some time to reset mentally. I also get the feeling that he doesn't like changing plans at the last minute.

There is Rohan and then there are all the others. If he had been a couple of years younger, I think he might have had the possibility to challenge Cancellara and Martin as the best modern day time trialists.

It looked like he was wearing a KASK helmet today. Isn't Bahrain Merida wearing Rudy Project normally? Also, I assume the black bike was a BMC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS