• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The Rohan Dennis thread

Page 13 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this would be the key. I'd guess there have to be at least 2-4 bike manufacturers that should have a TT bike that would fit him correctly and handle the way he wants it to. Just all obviously aren't going to work. Obviously BMC works well for him. I'd think both Pinarello and Specialized bikes would work as well. (I think Specialized has 4 sizes so might work).
Specialized, Pinarello, Cervelo, Colnago, BMC, Scott, Giant etc all have at least 4 sizes of TT bike. I think Canyon and Merida are the only WT sponsors with less.

He hasn't been with Bah-Mer since Sept 13 so he's free to ride his preferred stuff.

It was very generous of the team to keep things quiet until after worlds.

Is he set on riding specific equipment next year? Will he go to CCC because of the ownership/management team that he knows?

I guess we'll have to wait and see...
I agree. I still think there is something off about this story. I thought it was the MacLaren thing. Now I'm thinking it was a deal: Don't publicly trash our sponsors and we will stay quiet about the termination so this isn't an issue for you.
He’s the ITT WC. Any team that is confident in its equipment would be happy to have him.
Any team that is confident in not needing equipment sponsors would be happy to have him. FTFY.

Would he want to ride a Bianchi? Rohan Dennis joining Jumbo-Visma should be fun :sweatsmile:
Dumoulin, Roglic, Martin, Van Aert, Teunissen, Kruijswijk, Foss & Dennis could be a destructive line-up for any TTT. Something like 3 minutes in front of the rest of the field.

I am still amazed that he didn't work out his equipment issues in the off season. The guy was ITT world champ. Surely he would have been working with Merida -- which is a pretty large bike maker -- to find something comfortable and aero, even if they had to basically make a custom size.

Anyway, onwards and upwards. I still think he handled the whole think like a chump. In penance, he had to ride at the front of the WC road race in horrible weather for 2 hours with nothing to show for it.

It depends, I’m sure the Olympic TT will be a big goal for him, and he’ll probably get free reign in the TT’s and on decent equipment too. It’s not like he’s going to expect to be a big GC guy on a team like Ineos anyway.
That's the other catch - Dennis wants the opportunity to become one. Ineos can't even guarantee free reign in the TTs, let alone GC in a stage race and we all know it.

That's the other catch - Dennis wants the opportunity to become one. Ineos can't even guarantee free reign in the TTs, let alone GC in a stage race and we all know it.

In an Olympic year, I think the foolish GC ambitions will be put on hold, with such a hilly Olympic TT and worlds course it’s going to be interesting planning the campaign with multiple peaks. A year at Ineos, with the support they can provide and a good payday, is not the worst thing for Dennis at this point of his career.

One thing you can’t deny about Ineos is that they’ve always been supportive of riders’ Olympic ambitions, be it Cav in 2012, Viviani in 2016, Froome and Wiggins and others. This may be at the expense of their GT ambitions, however. Clearly, the big aim for Dennis in 2020 will be the Olympics, so from that POV it makes complete sense.

Reactions: SHAD0W93
Wasn't he wearing a Kask at the Worlds? That same one, by the looks of it.

GettyImages-1177045409.jpg

he has been seen in Girona wearing Australia kit and Pinarello bike. Training at freezing cold morning, probably to avoid pictures.
Looks like Ineos is the one and if it is probably(!?) he'll have no pressure to perform as a GC and focus in TT.
I guess his GCs ambitions are over...

he has been seen in Girona wearing Australia kit and Pinarello bike. Training at freezing cold morning, probably to avoid pictures.
Looks like Ineos is the one and if it is probably(!?) he'll have no pressure to perform as a GC and focus in TT.
I guess his GCs ambitions are over...

I don´t think he wants to avoid pictures, he has no contract with any team so no sponsor obligations, he can ride what he wants. and I don´t think it´s freezing cold in Girona now

Reactions: Jungle Cycle
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS