• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The Rohan Dennis thread

Page 21 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Special mention to Rohan Dennis for his role in TGH winning the Giro and Brailsford resurrecting Ineos's hopes from the ashes after Thomas crashed out. A huge performance by Dennis in the mountains which I think fully justifies his move to Ineos and their decision to sign him. I am sure there are no regrets whatsoever. Kudos to him.

Reactions: JosefK
Special mention to Rohan Dennis for his role in TGH winning the Giro and Brailsford resurrecting Ineos's hopes from the ashes after Thomas crashed out. A huge performance by Dennis in the mountains which I think fully justifies his move to Ineos and their decision to sign him. I am sure there are no regrets whatsoever. Kudos to him.
Yes, I think Dennis was a huge part of Tao being able to win. Without Rohan's incredible ride on the Stelvio stage, Kelderman might have been able to stay with the lead group, and the GC picture might not have changed nearly as much as it did with Dennis being the super dom.

Reactions: Cookster15
I maintain that Dennis won the Giro for Hart at least as much as Kelderman lost it for Hindley
Is there an interpretation of events where Dennis' rides on stage 18 and 20 weren't the biggest factor in Tao winning the race?

Before stage 18, the GC was between Almeida in pink and Kelderman at 17s, with TGH, Hindley, Bilbao and a collection of others about 3' back. Without Rohan riding the whole race off his wheel, twice, Hindley probably would've never got leadership of the Sunweb team in the first place.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan
Is there an interpretation of events where Dennis' rides on stage 18 and 20 weren't the biggest factor in Tao winning the race?

Before stage 18, the GC was between Almeida in pink and Kelderman at 17s, with TGH, Hindley, Bilbao and a collection of others about 3' back. Without Rohan riding the whole race off his wheel, twice, Hindley probably would've never got leadership of the Sunweb team in the first place.
Thomas crashing out was bigger.

He's had it with Ineos, going to Jumbo or UAE

p20mor3o49271.jpg

Seems Ineos have limits to splashing the cash and Dennis may not be the type of person to meet halfway re contract negotiations, of course that's just a guess.............lets not pretend money doesn't matter, not sure Richie would have got offered more to ride elsewhere and his podium probably helped him re his Ineos contract. As its turned out Porte would have been wasting his time if he had gone to Froome's team although he may have ended up as leader with Froome's current form whether he wanted it or not. Just riding support has already got Porte two podiums in stage races this season for Ineos. At Israel he may have been waiting for Godot.................

Maybe Ineos pawned him on a small contract and now he's just demaning bigly and Ineos aren't having it.
Ineos probably did get him for unders as he was so desperate to leave Bahrain-Merida due to his issues with their bikes and gear. He was also at the time viewed as fragile and potentially unreliable.

Has returned to previous level pretty much and also boosted value with high level superdom climbing.

Can see why UAE would consider it worth throwing cash at him to strengthen the support set up for Pogacar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS