• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The Rohan Dennis thread

Page 23 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at his calendar i was feeling something must be going on. Hence this announcement didn't came as complete surprise to me. It's ultimately up to the cyclist to decide when the time has come. To hang the bike on the wall. I still see a bit of motivation in his announcement. To still try and to do his best this season. Good luck.

Among some other things i will always remember on how he quit the Tour and came back to win the worlds ITT in the same year. Respect.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Looking at his calendar i was feeling something must be going on. Hence this announcement didn't came as complete surprise to me. It's ultimately up to the cyclist to decide when the time has come. To hang the bike on the wall. I still see a bit of motivation in his announcement. To still try and to do his best this season. Good luck.

Among some other things i will always remember on how he quit the Tour and came back to win the worlds ITT in the same year. Respect.
wait... what is his calender? Have I goofed up putting him in my fantasy cycling team???

• Wow
Currently there are no upcoming races listed on PCS. Hence likely not much if any racing at all in spring.
PCS schedules are only a database documenting what is reported through other sources. Not all riders announce their full schedules before the season. So this doesn't mean he is not scheduled for any races.

I'm more interested in this stories of him fleeing a training camp, now this is why I'm on the forum.

He managed to p*ss off the staff at Garmin, Bahrain and ineos so it wouldn't surprise me if he did it at Jumbo too. Don't know how he strung together 4 season at BMC

• Wow
@Ilmaestro99

I don't know about that. In my opinion there is more to it. But if he will do some races earlier in the season. Then good.

@samhocking

With riders like Dennis both sides need to invest a bit extra. And if that is done. It's worth it. Reading his announcement i feel that motivation is still there. Hence just focusing on ITT is a possibility. In my opinion there will be more racing involved than that. I guess best to wait and see.

When you have a bunch of nice people on the internet calling you names. Well. You likely had to do something right. Stelvio is something that cycling fans in general should respect. So my suggestion would be whatever you decide to do in 2023 season. Do it in a way only Rohan Dennis would do. And don't forget to enjoy every moment of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS