• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The Secret Pro

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
The Secret pro is just a butthurt anglophone clown, when Sky dominated the Tour he praised them and defended Froome against all the doping talk, it's just the same crap as most anglophone cycling media.

For me it's Ryder Hesjedal.

Multiple Giro appearences, goes to the Tour, if he raced with Wiggo in Juniors he must be born between 1979 and 1981 and his team sponsor has goals in California.

If not him Rogers, or maybe less likely Kiryienka or Eisel.

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Re:

Mayomaniac said:
The Secret ro is just a butthurt anglophone clown, when Sky dominated the Tour he praised them and defended Froome against all the doping talk, it's just the same crap as most anglophone cycling media.

the secret pro is the Walsh of cyclists.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Re:

Ricco' said:

Multiple Giro appearences, goes to the Tour, if he raced with Wiggo in Juniors he must be born between 1979 and 1981 and his team sponsor has goals in California.

No way it's rogers lol.

I wouldn't put it past hesjedal.

Re:

Ricco' said:

Assuming it's not a merged account of multiple riders, it's not Hesjedal because TSP did the Tour last year and Hesjedal didn't. Also the tone in general is of an exasperated domestique nowhere near the front of the race, unlike Hesjedal who was climbing with the best in the third week.

In which article did he say he raced with Wiggo as juniors? That would rule out a lot of people.

Re: Re:

vedrafjord said:
Ricco' said:

Assuming it's not a merged account of multiple riders, it's not Hesjedal because TSP did the Tour last year and Hesjedal didn't. Also the tone in general is of an exasperated domestique nowhere near the front of the race, unlike Hesjedal who was climbing with the best in the third week.

In which article did he say he raced with Wiggo as juniors? That would rule out a lot of people.

In the most recent.

" I remember racing against him as a junior and knowing back then he was going places."

He needs to read up on some of the rules governing cycling.

Complaining about the UCI not revoking Astana's licence has been covered in plenty of places detailing the fact it is an independent decision. Others Have been penalised in exactly the same way Porte was and the rule makes perfect sense (if any team-team interaction were allowed and a similar thing happened you can guarantee he'd be complaining about collusion between Italian teams if they started helping out Aru). He seems to imply Kreuzigers case has been dropped because he isn't performing? He obviously does not understand anti-doping rules if he thinks you can cheat and then just back off and it's a legitimate way to get the case closed. He moans about Astana and then praises Contador? WTF?!

Wiggins has done it all? ***.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
I found the gratuitous name checks/sympathy/gushing re: Porte and Wiggins to be a bit out of context with the rest of the article. I never read it before so at first it comes off as exasperated pro, but then it seems more like person with an agenda to push.

Re:

Nick C. said:
I found the gratuitous name checks/sympathy/gushing re: Porte and Wiggins to be a bit out of context with the rest of the article. I never read it before so at first it comes off as exasperated pro, but then it seems more like person with an agenda to push.

This is pretty much the way it's always seemed to me, although it's never been quite so obvious in the few I've read previously...

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
That's the worst thing about the secret pro's musings. His insulting good guys- bad guys narratives. The Walsh of cyclists is quite apt.

The account lost all credibility when he defended ogrady as only doping once and being pressured into doing so while in the same article treating Santa as the devil incarnate.

Some people may say it's a step too far to call what sp -be it a real cyclist or a fake account set up by the rag to get publicity, does, racist. To me that's exactly what that kind of - Anglophone good, southern Euros evil, mentality involves.

Sep 29, 2012
dearwiggo.blogspot.com.au
Re:

Buffalo Soldier said:
I'd say it's Adam Hansen

+1

Done the Giro and doing the Tour. Talk about yourself in the third person to throw off the scent.

Aussie, so the English is good and native, but lives in Czech Republic so can effect a slight euro tone having lived there a while and partnered up with a native (from memory).