• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Magnus Cort: The Man With the best Moustache in the Peloton

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 6, 2022
Visit site
The 29-year-old Danish has been giving impressive performance in TDF 2022, with stylish beard, energetic attack and friendly smile to spectators alongside the road.

Yeah, I think the team didn't deploy him properly. Cort is a rider who has the ability to win hard stages.

Sending him in four consecutive "pointless" breaks doesn't seem the best approach for a rider capable of much more

If he wanted so badly the KoM jersey they could have picked one stage. If it was a team strategy, then fight it with Doull who doesn't have the tools to fight for stages.

Well if he's the winner, he doesn't have to take points on the other climbs to keep the jersey.

Obviously... but assuming that we're still in fact on Earth, where Magnus Cort is not going to win any race going up Planche des Belles Filles - with or without the 'super' - he could still keep the jersey, without getting any points today.
He's got 11 points, the winner gets 10 points.

• Haha
Reactions: jmdirt
Turns out he - accidentally - got involved in a bit of a "battle of wills" with the spectators:

You just go up there and stick your arms in the air. And then they (the spectators, ed.) Just kept clapping, and then I thought, then I just have to keep standing with my arms up. Then we will see who gets tired first, says the Dane, who first came across all six category four climbs in Denmark.

Cort opdagede sjov detalje på podiet - TV 2

He has a column in the Danish newspaper BT. He has a rather strange ritual when winning big, he writes. I don't know if it's within forum guidelines to describe it further.

But there was a funny episode before the podium ceremonies because both Cort and Bettiol were due to go on the podium and they were changing in the same area. Apparently, it took a few minutes before Bettiol suddenly yelled, "Wait, you won the stage!?!" I guess being a part of the race is not the best way to follow it :D

Last edited:
He has a column in the Danish newspaper BT. He has a rather strange ritual when winning big, he writes. I don't know if it's within forum guidelines to describe it further.

But there was a funny episode before the podium ceremonies because both Cort and Bettiol were due to go on the podium and they were changing in the same area. Apparently, it took a few minutes before Bettiol suddenly yelled, "Wait, you won the stage!?!" I guess being a part of the race is not the best way to follow it :D
I've just found the column on their website. Using google translate, i'm sure that doesn't help with the weirdness of the 'ritual'!

• Haha

TRENDING THREADS