The Women's Road Racing Thread 2019

Page 26 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Thunderstorms forecast in Aberfoyle tomorrow at pretty much the exact time the race is expected to go over the Dukes. It'll make for some impressive pictures as they pass the sign where it flattens out, but not sure I'd want to be up there in a thunderstorm.

It's rather quiet on the cycling front at the moment, apart from that very sad news earlier in the week :( , but at least I could always now see out the rest of my days by 'liking' all of LS's likeable posts :)

P.S. I can also see my long lost signature again now. It's a miracle!

Real shame for stage 1 of a new race to be annulled like that, but nothing the organizers could do. I know Scotland has a bad rep for weather, but they just didn't stand a chance sadly. I hope it doesn't harm the race in the long run, in terms of establishing itself, because obviously it's a brand new race so it needs to establish its identity to attract riders etc.; I know they're running it mid-August to try to benefit from maximum possibility of good weather. Scotland may produce unpredictable weather but they used to sustain a Scottish Milk Race in the 60s and 70s, and the eastern amateurs used to come and race it. Ryszard Szurkowski won it a couple of times.

What is your take on Movistar signing Barbara Guarischi and Jelena Erić to their women's team roster?

Too bad the stage for today's race was cancelled, but sounds like they didn't have any other options.

I’m out by Glengoyne. Weather is lovely at the moment and should stay so until they are over the Dukes.

There’s a couple of little lumps before where I am and then it’s a straight, flat hit-out to the Dukes. After yesterday’s stage cancellation. I’m expecting the GC teams to be pushing here to try and drain some legs. Will probably break up on the Dukes and then around Loch Venachar as it’s rollkng and twisty on those roads.

I just need Boels-Dolmans to field the following riders for the Tour of Norway:

Anna Van Der Breggen
Amy Pieters
Karol-Ann Canuel
Amalie Dideriksen
Christine Majerus
and a sixth rider (who'll then go on to take the leader's jersey, and win the whole damn thing!)

Really a shame they don't have the Dutch champion...

The Vårgårda TTT will be shown on Swedish TV today 15 CEST. I'm not sure about other countries. But the road race tomorrow will be broadcast live in 68 countries according to the official homepage. The RR is 145 km with 29 km of gravel road.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS