• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lesser Known Road Racing for Women Thread

Aug 18, 2017
Visit site
Re: The Women's Road Racing Thread 2018

RedheadDane said:
Right, I'm starting this thread mainly so I can ask a question: Does Hitec really only have five riders on their roster this year?
I make it thirteen
ANDERSEN Susanne NOR1998
BECKER Charlotte GER1983
FRAPPORTI Simona ITA1988
GASKJENN Ingvild NOR1998
GUDERZO Tatiana ITA1984
GULLIKSEN Line Marie NOR1990
HEINE PETERSONE Vita NOR1984
KESSLER Nina NED1988
LORVIK Ingrid NOR1986
MOE Ingrid NOR1984
MØLLEBRO PEDERSEN Camilla DEN1984
SOLVANG Julie Meyer NOR1989
THORSEN Thea NOR1992

try cyclingfever instead of procyclingstats

Aug 18, 2017
Visit site
Re:

RedheadDane said:
Oh, that does make a bit more sense.
And I thought CyclingFever required an account to use.
To get full access to cyclingfever’s resources you need to become a member first, but basic membership is free. Or just visit the site to get the usual sort of information.....

Aug 18, 2017
Visit site
Re:

RedheadDane said:
I thought you had to have an account to get any form of info.
And generally I think PCS is pretty accurate, not to mention easy to navigate. Except Ellen Watters' profile page, that's just wrong. Factually wrong, and just wrong.
PCS IS pretty accurate, as is 'fever, but with such a large database one or two errors are bound to creep in. And to keep the information up to date is a huge job, so it is worth checking for information on both sites.

Apologies, as you may have noticed the Winter Olympics have rather got in the way of my giving the early season my full dedication but looking at the results, looks like an interesting selection, though Canyon are clearly pretty overpowered here, sending Barnes, Niewiadoma, Ferrand-Prévot, and also Alena Amialiusik (it's good to see her back), so after last year's success it will be difficult for Cervélo to replicate last year, when Cécilie Uttrup Ludwig won and Ashleigh Moolman-Pasio was also on the podium, though Ash is starting well, outsprinting the much more sprint-oriented Marta Bastianelli to take 2nd behind Barnes, though Bastianelli was isolated in that final selection of 22 which will most likely be the group that contains the eventual race winner. Canyon had four in it, Cervélo two (the ones mentioned) and the new Movistar team four also, led home by Alicia González in fourth, but with the others trailing and losing a few seconds, nevertheless a decent start for them, Merino will hope for some purchase in the hills to come. Drops and FDJ also had two in the selection, the latter probably more threatening, with Shara Gillow more than proven.

What apologies? You're under no obligation to do any of this (not until a fan ties you to a chair in their basement at least), we just appreciate it :)

Moolman-Pasio was even more impressive than the results suggest, she was in the move that was caught just before the line and still outsprinted Bastianelli who has since won the 2nd stage in a similar way.

Cauz is in the race, by the way.

In other news, Scandolara has apparently taken an indeterminate time off to recover from an injury and do a DS course. Hopefully nothing major. edit: apparently she's racing in Valencia. Who knew? Not me.

RedheadDane said:
Anyway; Valgren wasn't the only Danish Omloop het Nieuwsblad winner today. :cool:

The result of that sprint was entirely baffling.
What happened to Gutierrez? She was with the very small front selection over the last climb, but somehow DNFed

Meanwhile Valencia ended with Barnes winning another stage and the GC. Gonzalez caught my eye, if this is what she can do after 2 months of full time training (she's finished school so is finally cycling full time) she has everything to be a star

Elsewhere, van Dijk won impressively in belgium.

Re:

GuyIncognito said:
RedheadDane said:
Anyway; Valgren wasn't the only Danish Omloop het Nieuwsblad winner today. :cool:

The result of that sprint was entirely baffling.
What happened to Gutierrez? She was with the very small front selection over the last climb, but somehow DNFed

Meanwhile Valencia ended with Barnes winning another stage and the GC. Gonzalez caught my eye, if this is what she can do after 2 months of full time training (she's finished school so is finally cycling full time) she has everything to be a star

Elsewhere, van Dijk won impressively in belgium.

The finish of Het was strange - Sprint finish yet the first three had never won a race and beat quality sprinters like Rivera and D'Hoore - Anyway normal order was resumed on Sunday with a Van Dijk, Hosking and D'hoore finishing 1,2 and 3.

Re:

RedheadDane said:
I thought you had to have an account to get any form of info.
And generally I think PCS is pretty accurate, not to mention easy to navigate. Except Ellen Watters' profile page, that's just wrong. Factually wrong, and just wrong.

They are both fairly accurate, however I don't trust the win totals for older riders. I know for a fact they don't list all of Alejandro Valverde's wins. There are a bunch 14 to be exact from his first several seasons they don't count for some reason even though they are professional wins. They list that he currently has 99 pro wins, which is inaccurate as he actually has 113 pro wins. So yes they do make mistakes at times or have some information that is off.

On the other hand, this thread is useful for this season. :)

Davaj Amialiusik! Three-woman breakaway in the hellish mud, Chantal Blaak in the rainbow stripes indulging her Cadel Evans tribute hopes, Ellen van Dijk the super power rouleuse, and Amialiusik in her first WT race since breaking her pelvis last June. All three have a LOT of firepower behind so Boels, Canyon and Sunweb don't need to contribute to the chase which is whittled down to 30 or so and led by ELB and Janneke Ensing.

Edit:

Now all change on the road as the chase is on. All together, new group at the front - Anna VDB and ELB, but then ELB punctures! Anna up the front on her own, chase group consisting of ELB, Niewiadoma, Ensing, Blaak, Moolman-Pasio, Amialiusik, Spratt, Uttrup Ludwig, Kennedy.

Looks like Lucinda Brand has joined the chase group. ELB is sort of in between, not quite being caught by the chasers just yet.

55Ed5vJ.png

TRENDING THREADS