• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lesser Known Road Racing for Women Thread

Page 47 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Sarah Gigante has signed for a WWT - And it's not Tibco or Bike Exchange !

I know that Brown injured her shoulder in the Giro crash, but I am unaware that it is serious enough to require an immediate operation - Could be more at play in this situation.

It appears to be genuine enough, but I obviously don't know the full truth.

View: https://www.instagram.com/p/CSq4GtfsoYH/

Gigante moving to a WWT team is not really a surprise. I'm not going to start a guessing game, but I'm hoping she will at least get to race again before the season is over.

It appears to be genuine enough, but I obviously don't know the full truth.

View: https://www.instagram.com/p/CSq4GtfsoYH/

Gigante moving to a WWT team is not really a surprise. I'm not going to start a guessing game, but I'm hoping she will at least get to race again before the season is over.

Gigante rode the Olympics so she's fit enough - She will benefit by staying in Europe in the off-season to get a good training block because parts of Australia being in and out of lockdown is not conducive to pre-season training - Gigante is much better than what she has shown in Europe.

It's interesting that there is no notification of Brown's injury on Bike Exchange's website !

Gigante rode the Olympics so she's fit enough - She will benefit by staying in Europe in the off-season to get a good training block because parts of Australia being in and out of lockdown is not conducive to pre-season training - Gigante is much better than what she has shown in Europe.

It's interesting that there is no notification of Brown's injury on Bike Exchange's website !

Gigante had to drop out of the Tour of Norway due to some kind of health reason, but that might no to be anything to be concerned about.

Regarding Brown she definitely didn't look like she was too hampered on the ITT in Tokyo, but it wouldn't be the first time either that an injury has been misdiagnosed at first glance. But of course if her relationship with the team has gone sour this year, then she might not be given an opportunity to ride for them again, even if she is or will be fit enough to do so before the season ends.

Awww... come on, people. This is the racing thread - for lesser known races - not the Transfers and Rumours thread. There already is a Great Big Transfers and Rumours Thread. Not a Great Big Men's Transfers and Rumours Thread.

I know, but I always feel like the transfers end up getting lost in between all the stories about random male riders, and most of those who seems to be most interested in the women's racing scene, frequently visit this thread anyway.

But I can easily return to spamming the other thread by popular demand :D

Reactions: RedheadDane
My information was correct - Didn't post Movistar at the time as I wasn't 100% sure of Gigante's destination. Anyway it's a major concern that an Australian team fails to sign a young, talented and developing rider even after personal lobbying from Gerry.

No Paris-Roubaix for Lucinda Brand; start of the CX World Cups in the US takes priority.

Announced today!

1629362440-1-2.jpg

The Simac (Holland) Ladies Tour begins in an hour. I know it's a WWT race, but it's on a bit early in the day, and the route doesn't excite mee that much, so I've decided against making a designated thread for it.

A three minute effort to start things off also seems a little bit pointless. Even the one in the Baloise Tour was almost twice that.
Of course we'll find and early leader, and there's a good chance that someone else to take over the lead tomorrow, unless Wiebes wins today.

E9icNUbXsAgaBec

View: https://twitter.com/UCI_WWT/status/1430098243111751680

Definitely the most disappointing route in a while for the race, even the Limburg stage is very limited in climbing, although the Arnhem circuit on the last day at least has absolutely no respite even if the gradients are fairly unthreatening.

Edit: so they decided after the fact that, actually, Guarischi was faster than Kool who had been being used as the target time. Then of course as soon as Guarischi's time is switched to the lead, Merckx obliterates it.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS