• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lesser Known Road Racing for Women Thread

Page 31 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
... you mean her.

But if Movistar mess up a Norwegian champions' jersey then all is lost. I mean, I know Sky performed that white mini-flag abortion on EBH's back in 2012 and was it Dimension Data that did that pathetic attempt at one for him too or were they still MTN at that point? Really though, you shouldn't be able to screw up the Nordic Cross jerseys.

Reactions: Fus087
... you mean her.

But if Movistar mess up a Norwegian champions' jersey then all is lost. I mean, I know Sky performed that white mini-flag abortion on EBH's back in 2012 and was it Dimension Data that did that pathetic attempt at one for him too or were they still MTN at that point? Really though, you shouldn't be able to screw up the Nordic Cross jerseys.

Sorry, yes. Edited to fix my mistake.

I really hope they can do a nice one for her. I do not expect a Quickstep type one, as I think that is asking way too much.

Girls should file a petition to transfer Annemiek into the men's peloton.
She's training with boys anyway.

Such a shame Leah Thomas had problems at that point.
And Garcia looked like she's really struggling all the way through the broadcast, but I guess it's just her style.

So the Tour de l'Ardêche has some real climbing once more. This looks great.

EhAgmSDXkAATIWP

There's also the usual Mont Lozère stage on Sunday, no Finiels this year.

Interesting names on the startlist: Audrey Cordon-Ragot, Mavi García, Shara Marche-Gillow, Alice Barnes, Tiffany Cromwell, Lauren Stephens, Diana Carolina Peñuela, Eider Merino, Lourdes Oyarbide, Nicole Hänselmann, Chloe Hosking, Sara Poidevin, Anna Kiesenhofer, Kasia Wilkos. There was an interesting Ukrainian team but that has been withdrawn, potentially a Covid-related travel issue? Mavi García won by 5" from a group of 15 in stage 1, tomorrow promises to create big gaps, and I feel fairly confident that the winner will come from one of the Spaniards, thye seem to like this race because these days Spain in women's cycling are a bit like, well, Spain in men's cycling in the 60s and 70s. Aupa Eider!

So the Tour de l'Ardêche has some real climbing once more. This looks great.

EhAgmSDXkAATIWP

There's also the usual Mont Lozère stage on Sunday, no Finiels this year.

Interesting names on the startlist: Audrey Cordon-Ragot, Mavi García, Shara Marche-Gillow, Alice Barnes, Tiffany Cromwell, Lauren Stephens, Diana Carolina Peñuela, Eider Merino, Lourdes Oyarbide, Nicole Hänselmann, Chloe Hosking, Sara Poidevin, Anna Kiesenhofer, Kasia Wilkos. There was an interesting Ukrainian team but that has been withdrawn, potentially a Covid-related travel issue? Mavi García won by 5" from a group of 15 in stage 1, tomorrow promises to create big gaps, and I feel fairly confident that the winner will come from one of the Spaniards, thye seem to like this race because these days Spain in women's cycling are a bit like, well, Spain in men's cycling in the 60s and 70s. Aupa Eider!
Looks better than all but two of this year’s Tour stages. Will there be coverage?

The best you'll get will be from here.

The coverage has thus far been mostly pre-race discussion, not sure how much filming on the road is being done, obviously it's restricted to youtube/streaming what with how all-pervading the Tour is, which obviously is not competition the Tour de l'Ardêche usually has!

So in the end one of the main challengers had to climb off halfway through the stage. Piecing together from reports appear to suggest that Eider Merino abandoned from the front group - she crashed heavily yesterday and from the sounds of things may have overstretched herself trying to make the most of today's stage, her injuries worsened and she was forced to abandon. Mavi García took the win in a two up sprint against Anna Kiesenhofer at the summit after the two of them dropped Lauren Stephens on the final climb; the three of them rode away on the Col de la Machine after Merino, who had been a prime animator on the earlier climbs, was forced from the race. It seems the race will be settled between the three, as the next group on the road was over 4 minutes down, but does include a couple of French hopes, 24yo Victorie Guilman for FDJ, and 41-year-old domestic scene veteran Sandra Levenez, alongside Movistar's Colombian prospect Paula Andrea Patiño and ex-Waowdeals/CCC prospect Yara Kastelijn.

TRENDING THREADS