• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

this sport has been crucified by LA !!

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
just going through these threads in the clinic over the last few days one thing has become clearer than crystal and thats that lance armstrong has brought pro cycling to its knees .

any team or individual rider showing any kind of improvement is automatically suspected of doping , the likes of SKY right now are getting absolutely slaughtered in these forums just because they are the dominant force and along with that the top two riders wiggins and froome its just a malicious witch hunt .

god knows how bad its going to get when we start getting into the big races , it seems any rider that puts in a good TT or attacks a mountain is just going to get thrown to the wolves on here . the thought of a rider just working hard and training well and improving with experience just seems unfathomable for this forum now .

i think what LA has done has damaged this sport beyond repair and it will take a lot of years of totally clean racing before any rider will ever get to win again without being under suspicion .

sad scenario dont you think ?

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
If you think the predominent view in the clinic is that LA is the source of all cyclings problems, you haven't read enough yet.

LA is disliked for his lying, vilifying and collusion, but the problems in cycling are much deeper and broader than one person.

Perhaps reading a few threads about the UCI, Pat, Hein, other riders who have/been caught, threads about Hamilton, Landis, Ulrich, Contador, threads about Bruyneel, Riis, Och and other DSs, posts about doctors like Ferrari, Fuentes, Conconi, Leinders, threads about team support staff, posts on the thoughts of Ashenden, Kimmage and Walsh, etc., etc. etc. may give you more insight into why performances that seem 'not normal' are questioned.

May 26, 2009
Visit site
shades1 said:
any team or individual rider showing any kind of improvement is automatically suspected of doping , the likes of SKY right now are getting absolutely slaughtered in these forums just because they are the dominant force and along with that the top two riders wiggins and froome its just a malicious witch hunt

Check out :

Dr. Menuet
Dr. Ibarguen

Dr. Leinders

And then come back and say we have absolutely no reason to suspect any of these "dominant forces".

Check out how many GT winners were not involved in Doping the last 20 years.

And then come back and say we have absolutely no reason to suspect any of these "dominant forces".

Check the last 20 winners of LBL, FW and AGR.

If you are objective and want this sport to be cleaned up you start to ask the right questions. Just look at the facts and the contradictions. If those indicate that something is fishy, then it's not a witchhunt but simply right to ask the questions we ask.

If instead after all this you find it okay and that we should just enjoy the show... it's clear that your emotions cause you to take the spectacle over cleaning up the sport.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Or go back and read some of the first threads here when the forum opened in 2009.
The Clinic was opened because doping talk was polluting the general race threads - but it was far from just LA.

Most people who read here are reasonably well informed - so they know the history and that Armstrongs doping is not new news.

The reason 'this sport is crucified' is because it has a serious doping culture that has never been addressed by those in charge.
Right now I would be the most optimistic that I have been in years that the sport can rid itself of those people and restore some credibility.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
mewmewmew13 said:
Not gonna fall for this one

Ah, thanks for the headsup - found this gem from last month:
shades1 said:
flame my post all you like , LA will always be a legend in my eyes , he has done no more wrong than any other rider of his era , if you think all this **** does still not go on now then you need to wake up .

i fully except the sport is drug fuelled but i will not let that fact change my love of the sport , it is what it is .

the authorities had been chasing him for years before they actually got him so that shows it can be hidden very easily . obviously once they finally found something they have made him the biggest villain in sport , which is understandable because they had to clean the sport up before they started losing all the sponsorships and endorsements etc which kept the sport with a lifeline , and what better way to do it than string up the most decorated rider of all time .

sadly this will go on and on as it has been for years , this sport is too physically enduring for everyone to be clean .

its a shame and i do not agree with it , but i do accept it .

for me LA is the best rider thats ever lived !!

Every finger in the room
Is pointing at me
I wanna spit in their faces
Then I get afraid of what that could bring
I got a bowling ball in my stomach
I got a desert in my mouth
Figures that my courage would choose to sell our now
I've been looking for a savior in these dirty streets
Looking for a savior beneath these dirty sheets
I've been raising up my hands
Drive another nail in
Just what God needs
One more victim

Why do we
Crucify ourselves?
Every day
I crucify myself
Nothing I do is good enough for you
Crucify myself
Every day
And my heart is sick of being in chains

Got a kick for a dog
Beggin' for Love
I gotta have my suffering
So that I can have my cross
I know a cat named Easter
He says will you ever learn
You're just an empty cage girl
If you kill the bird
I've been looking for a savior in these dirty streets
Looking for a savior beneath these dirty sheets
I've been raising up my hands
Drive another nail in
Got enough guilt to start
My own religion
Please be
Save me
I cry

Why do we
Crucify ourselves?
Every day
I crucify myself
Nothing I do is good enough for you
Crucify myself
Every day
And my heart is sick of being in chains

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Dr. Maserati said:
Ah, thanks for the headsup - found this gem from last month:

amazing how much this forum has educated me since that post .

i admit i DID love the guy , thats obviously not the case anymore !!

shades1 said:
just going through these threads in the clinic over the last few days one thing has become clearer than crystal and thats that lance armstrong has brought pro cycling to its knees .

any team or individual rider showing any kind of improvement is automatically suspected of doping , the likes of SKY right now are getting absolutely slaughtered in these forums just because they are the dominant force and along with that the top two riders wiggins and froome its just a malicious witch hunt .

god knows how bad its going to get when we start getting into the big races , it seems any rider that puts in a good TT or attacks a mountain is just going to get thrown to the wolves on here . the thought of a rider just working hard and training well and improving with experience just seems unfathomable for this forum now .

i think what LA has done has damaged this sport beyond repair and it will take a lot of years of totally clean racing before any rider will ever get to win again without being under suspicion .

Lance Armstrong didn't damage the sport. He only damaged the sport's image. Lance just showed how rotten pro cycling really is.

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
2012-11-12T163611Z_1_CBRE8AB1A5Z00_RTROPTP_2_CLINTON.JPG

Some things in life are bad
They can really make you mad
Other things just make you swear and curse.
When you're chewing on life's gristle
Don't grumble, give a whistle
And this'll help things turn out for the best...

And...always look on the bright side of life...
Always look on the light side of life...

If life seems jolly rotten
There's something you've forgotten
And that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.
When you're feeling in the dumps
Don't be silly chumps
Just purse your lips and whistle - that's the thing.

And...always look on the bright side of life...
Always look on the light side of life...

For life is quite absurd
And death's the final word
You must always face the curtain with a bow.
Forget about your sin - give the audience a grin
Enjoy it - it's your last chance anyhow.

So always look on the bright side of death
Just before you draw your terminal breath

Life's a piece of ****
When you look at it
Life's a laugh and death's a joke, it's true.
You'll see it's all a show
Keep 'em laughing as you go
Just remember that the last laugh is on you.

And always look on the bright side of life...
Always look on the right side of life...
(Come on guys, cheer up!)
Always look on the bright side of life...
(Worse things happen at sea, you know.)
(I mean - what have you got to lose?)
(You know, you come from nothing - you're going back to nothing.
What have you lost? Nothing!)
Always look on the right side of life...

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Cobblestoned said:
Life's a piece of ****
When you look at it
Life's a laugh and death's a joke, it's true.
You'll see it's all a show
Keep 'em laughing as you go
Just remember that the last laugh is on you.

Always optimistic Monty Python to cheer you up :)

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
http://youtu.be/RfutD4H8peQ

May be some observations have their place, takes negative sceptics to point them out. This was done years ogo by the now deseased George Carlin.

"that dumb empty expression on his face - I'm tired of that *******" Don't know who Dr Phil is but i'm guessing he's a dumb empty guru ******* too.

Whilst we're thinking about it **** wiggo and Sky too.

shades1 said:

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
I don't think "crucified"--with all of its religious connotations--is the right word for what Armstrong did to the sport. A better term would be "date-raped," as in Cycling went out with Armstrong thinking he was a nice guy (even though some friends warned that he really wasn't) and was having such an exciting time that the sport didn't notice that the first drink tasted kind of funny. After that everything was kind of a blank until the sport woke up naked and alone in a cheap motel, with no idea what exactly happened but knowing for sure it was really bad, and also why was the sport's a$$ so sore?

The harm to cycling

Dr. Maserati said:
The reason 'this sport is crucified' is because it has a serious doping culture that has never been addressed by those in charge.

Right now I would be the most optimistic that I have been in years that the sport can rid itself of those people and restore some credibility.

Masserati you fail to understand that the Armstrong case has become the poster child case for all that is wrong with cycling. Sure we know there are a plethora of problems with the UCI, with other prominent riders who doped, with owners who want fame and notoriety and are willing to turn a blind eye, and support staff who facilitate the doping.

But outside of Operacion Puerto, the LA scandal is the prototype doping scheme and the one getting all of the attention. It is the largest fraud in sporting history.

For those reasons and because LA continues to arrogantly prevaricate in being truthful it and because LA was the poster child of cycling, his scandal has brought matters to a head. Cycling is in a huge mess, and has been for some time. It will probably be kicked out of the Olympics (Pat would lose his seat on the IOC and all the perks that go with it, which his a good thing)

But the one thing Shades 1 is correct about is his statement,

"i think what LA has done has damaged this sport beyond repair and it will take a lot of years of totally clean racing before any rider will ever get to win again without being under suspicion."

There are a lot of cyclists who agree with this statement including Wiggins. I think your optimism is not well founded. I suspect it will take at least 10 to 20
years of "squeaky clean" before cycing can ever hope to establish itself as a legitimate sport.

TRENDING THREADS