• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Thomas De Gendt

Aug 3, 2009
Visit site
Was expecting him to be in the break for 3 weeks running but I've barely even noticed he's in the race. I know it's hard to get in the break at any race, let alone at the tour but he hasn't featured at all. Is he injured or just out of form?

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Bromers said:
Was expecting him to be in the break for 3 weeks running but I've barely even noticed he's in the race. I know it's hard to get in the break at any race, let alone at the tour but he hasn't featured at all. Is he injured or just out of form?

I thought he was in a crash (surprise, who wasn't) earlier in the TdF and he had problems with his thumbs (dislocated) and the top of his collarbone was chipped/fractured (hairline fracture?).

Source

Sep 2, 2009
Visit site
theyoungest said:
Injured. First his shoulder, and now his groin too, I believe. He's expected to abandon soon.

I was amazed that he continued after the shoulder and thumb injury, but the groin thing tops it. Don't wan't to see what he looks like if he makes it to Paris :confused:

Jan 2, 2010
Visit site
What a fighter! He's ridden most of this Tour in terrible pain and wasn't able to help his team much but he just struggled on and will make it to Paris.

A

Anonymous

Remind me next year to start one thread for each of the 190 odd riders in the tour before the race starts. That way we dont have to make one for everyone. :rolleyes:

In fact, Id like to propose 22 sub forums for each team, and then we can just have 9 threads in each subforum to kick off. Maybe these 22 sub forums could be organised into sections by country?

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
TeamSkyFans said:
Remind me next year to start one thread for each of the 190 odd riders in the tour before the race starts. That way we dont have to make one for everyone. :rolleyes:

In fact, Id like to propose 22 sub forums for each team, and then we can just have 9 threads in each subforum to kick off. Maybe these 22 sub forums could be organised into sections by country?

Mate, you made a team sky Tour team thread months in advance of the Tour. If not a whole year.

A

Anonymous

El Pistolero said:
Mate, you made a team sky Tour team thread months in advance of the Tour. If not a whole year.

Did i make that thread? Or was that a merger of several threads that where discussing very similar things? And then the title of the thread was redone?

And for the record, I didnt start that thread either so wind your neck in.

this would be the thread
http://forum.cyclingnews.com/showthread.php?t=12389&highlight=tour+squads
Started in February by JRanton.

I repeat. Wind your neck in.

I'm making a (perhaps not so) bold prediction. Thomas de Gendt will win San Sebastian. He's built up some great form during after complete quiet the first 2 1/2 weeks, and Vacansoleil badly need a 'points on the board' World Tour finish. I wouldn't be surprised to see him try and carry this form into Tour of Poland as well.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Belgium is going to have a killer team at the World Championships. I'd send Thomas in the breakaway to hurt the legs of the other teams.

Thomas De Gendt, Johan Vansummeren, Nick Nuyens, Philippe Gilbert, Tom Boonen, Jelle Vanendert, Bjorn Leukemans and Greg van Avermaet. I dare say the strongest squad of any country.

El Pistolero said:
Belgium is going to have a killer team at the World Championships. I'd send Thomas in the breakaway to hurt the legs of the other teams.

Thomas De Gendt, Johan Vansummeren, Nick Nuyens, Philippe Gilbert, Tom Boonen, Jelle Vanendert, Bjorn Leukemans and Greg van Avermaet. I dare say the strongest squad of any country.

Strongest squad isn't necessarily a plus. Also, is this parcours hilly enough to go with Vanendert? It's also been an exhausting season for him.

20101104-1418-61.jpg

TRENDING THREADS