• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Thoughtful article from William Fortheringham...

May 16, 2009
Visit site
I thought William's article on the Pat McQuaid and UCI was balanced and well written. It wasn't hysterical (like some McQuaid/UCI articles) but painted a picture of a flawed leader and a flawed organisation. I fear his closing paragraph may well be prophetic and come back to haunt both McQuaid and cycling (especially track cycling).

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Pelican said:
I thought William's article on the Pat McQuaid and UCI was balanced and well written. It wasn't hysterical (like some McQuaid/UCI articles) but painted a picture of a flawed leader and a flawed organisation. I fear his closing paragraph may well be prophetic and come back to haunt both McQuaid and cycling (especially track cycling).

Sounds good, too bad we have no idea what you are talking about.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
I thought it was fairly good, the key issue not presented was that it refereed to actions under the former UCI president, not McQuaid. It should have been labeled as an opinion piece, as well.