Timing out and being blocked from accessing forum?

Hey. I've noticed with the last month or so that after about a half hour of use on the forum, in which I open several tabs, the website just fails to load and eventually says the generic google "page cannot be accessed" error.

Happens on every web browser, happens on desktop and phone and the best part is, when I use my mobile data vs. standard Wifi it allows me back in.

Is the site purposefully blocking IPs from entering/using the website if they somehow think someone is spamming?

Pantani Attacks said:
Hey. I've noticed with the last month or so that after about a half hour of use on the forum, in which I open several tabs, the website just fails to load and eventually says the generic google "page cannot be accessed" error.

Happens on every web browser, happens on desktop and phone and the best part is, when I use my mobile data vs. standard Wifi it allows me back in.

Is the site purposefully blocking IPs from entering/using the website if they somehow think someone is spamming?

Happened to me for the last half an hour of the stage. Sadly nothing can be done until they do the update.

Pricey_sky said:
Pantani Attacks said:

Happened to me for the last half an hour of the stage. Sadly nothing can be done until they do the update.
Glad to hear it is not just me and there's some bug site wide.

Yup, performance is as inconsistent as a GC contender at the TdF. Spamming refresh a couple of times can sometimes work. It does appear to eat posts, which isn't the best (in which case go back a page on your browser rather that refresh and try to submit again).

shaines

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 23, 2019
To say it has been dreadful during the Tour would be kind! Very Frustrating :(
That was definitely not good. Now that we're on the new platform, we should have all those issues behind us. However, if it ever pops up again, be sure to reach out to any of our mods or staff to give us any info you can so we can get it sorted out ASAP.

My apologies having to report this already, but I was trying to reply to Mi in a thread in this particular subforum, and this is the "reaction" I got.

A server error occurred. Please try again later.

Please advise.

shaines

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 23, 2019
My apologies having to report this already, but I was trying to reply to Mi in a thread in this particular subforum, and this is the "reaction" I got.

A server error occurred. Please try again later.

Please advise.
Is that message still coming up? Able to link the specific thread you're trying to respond to?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Susan Westemeyer About the forum 4