• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tinkoff's 3xGT challenge.

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
What sort of byzantine PR bull$$$$ is this, emperor wants more spectacular gladiator fight? And anyone serious even responding? Do you get it?

Moreover, people are discussing for years whether it's even possible to finish GT relatively clean at the competitive level, and now why not everyone all three in an "all-in" full fight, with top team support, etc. What a New Clean Era! Can you imagine Oleg's breakaway league?

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
nevada said:
Alan Stanford , no ?
no, the Tour de Trump and the triple crown or something. was in the books Wheelman and others, but Race Radio and everyone knew about this going back over a decade. not news.

Jun 28, 2014
Visit site
I think it's really cool. Increases the chances of a positive test among all the normal suspects and will put new names on the podiums in pre-season and warm-up races as well as the GT.

plus, great spectacle watching them fail

Jul 25, 2014
Visit site
I Love To Dope said:
I think it's really cool. Increases the chances of a positive test among all the normal suspects and will put new names on the podiums in pre-season and warm-up races as well as the GT.

plus, great spectacle watching them fail

You just tested positive for going above the acceptable threshold of negativity.

Jul 25, 2014
Visit site
TourOfSardinia said:
Last time I heard of a million dollar challenge Armstrong won it by dirty dealing
:(:confused:;)

1. Most cyclists have performance-based bonuses built into their contracts.

2. This, on the other hand, is merely a cash incentive to ENTER a race, so is more akin to an appearance fee. Most TdF riders do the post-tour criterium circuit in order to make cash from these appearance fees.

TRENDING THREADS