Tirreno - Adriatico Stage 2, San Vincenzo -> Indicatore, 232 kms (07/03/2013)

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I don't think what cav said was that bad. i wouldn't have said it myself but i don't see what's so horrible about it.

However i would have liked to.see opqs let someone else have the jersey in the ttt. Cav already gets so many stage wins and has loads of leaders jersey from ttts. It would be nice if when everyone shares the work out evenly, someone else got their day in the sun.
 
Aug 16, 2011
10,821
1
0
In the words of Cav himself "Criticism & praise work equally for success."
Cav's leadout train wasn't able to deliver him to the win today, so he was frustrated, anybody would be. I actually like that he freely speaks his mind, and it's not like he was really badly insulting his team, just venting his frustration at the stages outcome.

All this anti-Cav talk is actually making me hope he gets a win soon. :D
 
The Hitch said:
I don't think what cav said was that bad. i wouldn't have said it myself but i don't see what's so horrible about it.

However i would have liked to.see opqs let someone else have the jersey in the ttt. Cav already gets so many stage wins and has loads of leaders jersey from ttts. It would be nice if when everyone shares the work out evenly, someone else got their day in the sun.
I agree. Trouble is that Cav taking the leader's jersey generates a lot more publicity for OPQS than say, Stybar taking it instead.
 
Mar 17, 2009
294
0
9,030
Afrank said:
In the words of Cav himself "Criticism & praise work equally for success."
Cav's leadout train wasn't able to deliver him to the win today, so he was frustrated, anybody would be. I actually like that he freely speaks his mind, and it's not like he was really badly insulting his team, just venting his frustration at the stages outcome.

All this anti-Cav talk is actually making me hope he gets a win soon. :D
Oh yea, well I have to say is **** that mother****er!!!
 
I don't get what's wrong with what Cav said. His leadout was horrible, Cav said he was disappointed in his leadout and that they were gonna talk about it. I think he could harsher. We all would've know he'd be lying if he said he be completely satisfied with his leadout. Based on the sprint, he surely would've won with a good one.
 
The Hitch said:
However i would have liked to.see opqs let someone else have the jersey in the ttt. Cav already gets so many stage wins and has loads of leaders jersey from ttts. It would be nice if when everyone shares the work out evenly, someone else got their day in the sun.
yeah, but instead of this, by going for the intermediate sprints yesterday cav made sure not to have to give the jersey to a teammate even in the unlikely event of a crash in the final...
 
Aug 16, 2011
10,821
1
0
trevim said:
I don't think it's anti-Cav talk. He could have made the critics in private instead of bashing his team-mates in the press.
I'll agree with that. Although he was asked by the reporters about the stage, so he told them what he thought of it. That's just how Cav is, he openly speaks his mind.
And I'm sure he said much more then what he said to the reporters later when talking to his team in private.
 
Aug 16, 2011
10,821
1
0
gatete said:
Oh yea, well I have to say is **** that mother****er!!!
What a thoughtful and intelligent response, I don't think I have a counter argument for this one, you win. :rolleyes:
 
Oct 13, 2012
127
0
0
cycladianpirate said:
But doesn't this say everything about Cavendish? Lavish with praise for his team when he wins and petulant when he doesn't.
Yeah, it does say a lot about him. He knows he can't do it on his own, his team are a huge part of it. But he's got a winners attitude, & winners tend not to smile & say it's all OK when they lost. They get angry. That's what motivates them even more to win next time out.

I mean it was a bad result for Cav & he still came 5th despite a (& surely this is universally acknowledged?) disappointing leadout by his train. I don't get why it's such a grave evil to acknowledge that it was disappointing. He's going to do it behind closed doors so why not in public? They already know how he feels, clearly.
cineteq said:
But it's hard to sound genuine when he just does it as PR. I'm rooting for Greipel, Goss and Sagan to teach him a lesson.
Haha. Sure, he's sincere when angry, but his gratitude to his team is all horse****. Stop it.
 
JRanton said:
I agree. Trouble is that Cav taking the leader's jersey generates a lot more publicity for OPQS than say, Stybar taking it instead.
Cav ultimately gets the jersey the next day in the sprint anyway though. Even if he doesnt win or get any bonus seconds.

Edit, or as search says, in the intermediate sprint.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY