• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France 2019 stage 8 Mâcon - Saint-Étienne 200 km

Page 17 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Valv.Piti said:
Broccolidwarf said:
fantomas said:
Broccolidwarf said:
DanielSong39 said:
As for Fuglsang he didn' t have the legs, I don't know what else there is to say

According to himself and his team, you are incorrect :)

And if he was correct, surely Fuglsang and the team would tell the world.

Fuglsang is usually honest when he doesn't have legs, so your attempt at sarcasm is off base :)
Thats exactly what he isnt. For the second time in a row when Alaf attacks like a french moto, Fuglsang comes across as a guy in interviews who could have followed, but didnt for various reasons.
Just **** do it is my advice.

We both know you are just a hater :D

Fuglsang is a cry baby: like everybody else, he has at times attacked and used whatever was in front of him. It just happens. There are too many motorcycles and they cause crashes too. What a wuss.

For the sprint, Alaf had achieved his goal, Pinot had helped, and it wasn't for the stage win. There's definitely friendship after all Pinot buried himself for Alaphilippe at last year's RRWC, that may have played. Nothing worth crying bloody murder or you haven't watched much cycling.

Re:

wirral said:
I think the purpose of the complaining is to stop the Francophile moto-pilots becoming emboldened and taking their Francophile draughting to 1980's Vuelta levels.Think of it more as a warning gesture from the peloton to the motomen.
The motos did their job so well they nearly dragged 2 fresh riders who had been in the wheels for nearly 200 km up to a lone guy 25 seconds ahead who had been racing for nearly 200 km. Wowowow.

These accusations are tired, lame and facile.

Jagartrott said:
wirral said:
I think the purpose of the complaining is to stop the Francophile moto-pilots becoming emboldened and taking their Francophile draughting to 1980's Vuelta levels.Think of it more as a warning gesture from the peloton to the motomen.
The motos did their job so well they nearly dragged 2 fresh riders who had been in the wheels for nearly 200 km up to a lone guy 25 seconds ahead who had been racing for nearly 200 km. Wowowow.

These accusations are tired, lame and facile.
yeah, it's getting ridiculous.

While he was on it, Fuglsang also complained about Movistar not chasing Pinot. According to him, Astana couldn't do any work anymore, because only the GC guy and Lutsenko (to fight for the stage win) were left.

Looks similar to the situation at Movistar though, I would say?! ;D

Broccolidwarf said:
Danskebjerge said:
Astana have explained their strategy in interviews: They wanted to make the race tough, possibly getting rid of rivals, while creating an opportunity for Fuglsang or Lutsenko to win the stage. First problem, then, was that Movistar were not interested in joining. Second problem: that nobody could follow Alaphilippe and Pinot on the final climb. Third problem: that the two Frenchmen got motorpacing on the last kilometers.

As I see it, the speed of the group led by Astana on the final climb was way too low, clearly illustrated by Thomas easily getting back to the group after his crash, and shortly after Alaphilippe attacking exactly like he did the other day. So I guess it all boils down to Fuglsang and Lutsenko not having the legs to make the difference today. They may not want to choose the same tactics for the coming stages, as that could demoralize the rest of the team (Sanchez said he didn't like the way Astana handled today's stage).

Thomas got back on the flat dude, so you are absolutely incorrect about that being an indication of the speed on the climb :)

No he never, it was a climb

thehog said:
VayaVayaVaya said:
No one has other footage? I of course want to stamp out cheating, but I also will be pretty crushed if Ala and Pinot get regulated. They don’t control the motos, they showed panache, they’re riding strong, and Pinot is the main hope to derail Ineoas...I hope the footage is clean

You make the attack you get the benefit. it’s really simple stuff.

Exactly! Being in the front on a downhill has a benefit. So attack and be behind the motorbike and not whine about those with the guts to do it!

TRENDING THREADS