• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France Tour de France 2021, Stage 15: Céret – Andorre-la-Vieille, 191.3 km

Page 18 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
When let off the leash, sure. When he's given reason not to lead, he's the dullest man in the péloton.
I'm sorry, but your Kuss takes are ridiculous.
Kuss building a respectable resume despite his image around here.
Finished it off nicely, congrats.
I think that image is largely held by one poster. See above.

Stage wins in both Vuelta and the Tour now.

Giro next time?
Yes please, keep him away from Roglič, it will be way better for both audience and riders that way. Sepp will have more freedom, and Addy won't handcuff him to Primož and be so defensive. How is Sepp with bad weather though? Serious question - pretty much every performance I've seen from him has been in the height of summer sun, and he's been absent or dropped on stages like Formigal.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Yes please, keep him away from Roglič, it will be way better for both audience and riders that way. Sepp will have more freedom, and Addy won't handcuff him to Primož and be so defensive. How is Sepp with bad weather though? Serious question - pretty much every performance I've seen from him has been in the height of summer sun, and he's been absent or dropped on stages like Formigal.

Dont remember the weather exactly in Dauphine last year but wasnt it rainy? Not sunny at least, and he won a stage there.

So Kuss finally wins something at the Tour. I thought grandpa Valverde would catch him on the descent and easily outplay at the finish line but it wasn't to be.

As expected there was GC action on the last climb. Various riders attacked but main favourites arrived together. Pogacar easily matched all attacks in the heat, I think he'll want a stage next week. Ineos burned themselves to no effect: Carapaz, Vingegaard and Uran were inseparable. Richard probably won't make the podium if he can't gain time on those two before the TT.

Dont remember the weather exactly in Dauphine last year but wasnt it rainy? Not sunny at least, and he won a stage there.
The stage he won I seem to remember was decent weather (not sunny but definitely not rainy/cold), not sure if he was strong while helping Roglič (well, as much as Addy's template ever has him do so) on the earlier stages before Primož had to leave the race, but compared to the previous year I don't really recall bad weather at the Dauphiné to the kind we often find at the Giro. The Pipay stage of 2019 is the kind of thing I was thinking of. But even his early season races where he's been most prominent have been things like the UAE Tour, and obviously one of the big things about the Giro is dealing with bad weather. Then again, Froome always was at his best in the heat and he won one.

TRENDING THREADS