Tour de France 2021 - The 3 stages in Denmark

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
How do you even come up with a name like that? Did someone named "D.ick" (Richard) tumble down said hill?

(Yes, I know I'm cheating the sensor. However, I'm referring to the (nick)name "D.ick", not the body part.)
Apparently, a nickname given to Richard Cromwell (son of Oliver) by contemporary critics, on the grounds of his failure to hold on to power for mire than a few months. It subsequently became a pub name: I'm going to guess that its emergence as a place name in Australia came about by migrants who had frequented the pub.

Apparently, a nickname given to Richard Cromwell (son of Oliver) by contemporary critics, on the grounds of his failure to hold on to power for mire than a few months. It subsequently became a pub name: I'm going to guess that its emergence as a place name in Australia came about by migrants who had frequented the pub.
But did he tumble down the hill?

(Sorry, Broccolidwarf, I am once again participating in a complete hijacking of your thread.)

But did he tumble down the hill?

(Sorry, Broccolidwarf, I am once again participating in a complete hijacking of your thread.)
Tumbledown would have been a reference to falling from power: there was no hill involved as far as Cromwell was concerned (as far as I know).

But Aussies do not seem shy about having 'colourful' place names:

(Sorry: won't post any further diversion from the topic here)

ASK THE COMMUNITY